PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 22nd August

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It's been a busy few days for me. Not only is my boss now on holiday for a week but I had my 24hr ECG heart monitor fitted, too (thanks Camelot). I won't know my results until next week and unfortunately I didn't take a majorly serious dizzy spell whilst it was fitted, so we'll see what they come back with. It was quite an awkward piece of kit which I had to take everywhere excluding a shower. So my sleep was pretty poor as I was tangled in wires. I also got some strange looks as some of the wires protruded from below my t-shirt when walking to work.

When my alarm went off this morning, I was truly knackered. So much so that I decided against the gym and instead, I'll go after work, but before the football - and of course before my weekly catch up with my gran!

AoD - Good luck!
    Dumpling - Fingers crossed for Lee
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. I have a lovely half day so went back to bed with a cuppa. We have to use holidays by end of August. It’s a lovely sunny day and the birds are singing away.
    Good luck to all GCSE results today.
    Hope the dentist visit is fine AOD.
    Gers DD’s first nursing placement was in a residential home and said some ladies were tiny. They had butter on digestives and milky coffee as ways of trying to get calories in. I’m not suggesting that as your DM might not like, more that appetite quite often goes. You do so well.
    Dog fast asleep now. Pottering morning for me which I’ll enjoy.
    Take care all
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I like autumn, but I batten down the hatches when the clocks go back, I hate it being dark at 4 pm and can't wait for March.

Good luck to all the students waiting for results.

AOD, I hope you have a relatively painless time at the dentist.

Speky, fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it.

Steve is on his way back from a night out - dirty stop out. He had a reunion with some ex-colleagues and stayed the night with one of them. He's at the hospital this morning for clinic and then he has his first maintenance injection. We said we'd go into Cambridge as well to pick up the new tent Chris as ordered because they are going camping with Crystal's family this weekend.

Then Laura and Brian arrive with Ziggy on their way to the Shambala festival they are going to this weekend. We are also on standby this weekend for Crystal's cat, they have a petsitter going in to her but if she needs to go to the vet for any reason we will be called.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Dumpling and hugs to all those in need.

We have a long walk planned today down to the next lock, we need to check out the winding hole ready for our trip back to the marina for our BSC test.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Good morning!
    Raining here this morning but the met office promises 4 days of lovely weather so looking forward to that!
    Horses all mucked out and ready for the night, hope they will stay out.
    Biscuits being made as we speak.
    Feeling a bit brighter today and slept much better as well.
    Fish, chips and peas for tea.
    Hope everyone has a good day, sending hugs where needed x
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    I had a broken nights sleep as I woke with a sore left side, from under my arm through to my breast. No idea what I've done but what with all the gardening, fencing etc I may have pulled something.
    So after a busy few days I am having a chill out day and I am under strict orders from Mr Fix It who is watching me like a hawk, to do nothing :eek:. I wanted to do a wash but it can wait till tomorrow, the weather here is grey clouds with the odd spot of sunshine anyway.
    I will get Mr Fix It to get the slow cooker down in a mo as there's a gammon joint ready to go in it, so we'll have that for our tea, probably with oven chips.

Fingers crossed for all those who have exam results today and also for anyone who has an appointment....... hope they go well.
    Take care and hugs all round.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Back from the dentist, the root came out cleanly. Much less horrible than when she was trying to clear out the infection as that caused me quite a bit of pain. I've got one pretend tooth on a tiny little plate that feels like a boulder in my mouth, perhaps I will get used to it. Now 3 crown replacements to go, am just hoping that these 3 can be saved. The one thing that I was dreading as I got older was false teeth, and now I have one. Better than the witch-type gap though.
    Have just had a quick read through, nanny hope your sore bits feel better soon, you never notice while you are busy doing stuff, do you.
    I'm drinking tea and trying to think of yet another soft type of meal to have tonight. Probably macaroni cheese again.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lee got the results he needed so he is definitely on to start the catering course next month. I am so proud and relieved.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    Options
    Back to dentist this morning for little alterations to denture.....eating still very difficult, back next Tuesday as lower denture is more difficult to 'bed in'.seems as if I will be visiting him weekly for the rest of my life! As alternative is implants at around 4/5k a throw, I shall be persevering with denture!

Rain this morning seems to have drifted off and forecast for weekend is good.

Hope that Lee got the results he needed Dumpling.....understand the teenage troubles with Lilly, DD4 is having some problems with DGS2 who has been an angel for 15:of his 16 years.....it will pass!

DGD6 is 3 today.....she is not having a party until she goes back to crèche next week....we had cake today and there will be more on Sunday when her great aunt is visiting from Hungary..

AOD....glad to hear that your dentist visit went well.

We had lunch out so no cooking to be done this evening, lots of sandwich filling if needed.

Meant to say.....lovely to see you posting wmf.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    Dumpling .... well done Lee :T.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure