Mortgage PPI with Bellway Homes / Southern Pacific

Hi everyone. I wonder if any of you could shed some light on my case?

I had a mortgage in 2004 when I bought a new build flat through Bellway Homes. They most definitely said I should get PPI as it would help in my application.

The mortgage was through Southern Pacific and supplied by their broker.

I have no paperwork that specifies who the broker was. So should I be chasing Bellway for a PPI claim or Southern Pacific (Who I believe were taken over several years ago...)

All a bit last minute I realise but I actually forgot about this mortgage as it was with an ex partner and kinda wiped the memories! :)

Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer.

Yours, Hopeful of London.

Comments

• SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So should I be chasing Bellway for a PPI claim or Southern Pacific (Who I believe were taken over several years ago...)

Neither. As neither of them sold you PPI.

You should complain to the broker. However, brokers were not regulated until January 2005 and you bought in 2004. So, they dont have to consider your complaint.
  • Thanks SonOf. That could be a problem then so I have no idea who the guy was. Just the broker supplied to me by Bellway Homes. :(
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    theton wrote: »
    Thanks SonOf. That could be a problem then so I have no idea who the guy was. Just the broker supplied to me by Bellway Homes. :(

Did you read the rest of the reply?

Even if you did know, your complaint is going knowhere as pre regulation
  • Hi did you get anywhere with Southern Pacific Mortgages .. 

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi did you get anywhere with Southern Pacific Mortgages .. 

I would doubt it.   As it already says higher up on this thread, their mortgages used brokers.  So, it would be the broker that sold the PPI (if it existed).  Not the lender.    So, complaining to a company that didn't sell the PPI is going to be a non-starter.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback