22 replies 967 views
13»

Replies

• FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delburn wrote: »
    You should not believe everything Toto say in the FAQ.

I had an email this afternoon telling me that whilst electricity was being transfered, Toto had raised an objection to the gas. Ran the Toto (un)helpful call centre, and 'erbert told me "OFGEM rules say you can not transfer in the first 21 days". Tried calling him out on that as electricity has gone through, but not gas.

Already in a position to distrust anything they say after being told "your tariff will remain unchanged", only to find I'm on a variable rate plus standing charge. And yes, I do/did check bills and tariffs online with Solarplicity and still have all the emails that they sent me. No mention of a tariff change anywhere.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • edited 21 August 2019 at 2:13AM
    BenightBenight Forumite
    418 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 21 August 2019 at 2:13AM
    FreeBear wrote: »
    I had an email this afternoon telling me that whilst electricity was being transfered, Toto had raised an objection to the gas. Ran the Toto (un)helpful call centre, and 'erbert told me "OFGEM rules say you can not transfer in the first 21 days". Tried calling him out on that as electricity has gone through, but not gas.

Already in a position to distrust anything they say after being told "your tariff will remain unchanged", only to find I'm on a variable rate plus standing charge. And yes, I do/did check bills and tariffs online with Solarplicity and still have all the emails that they sent me. No mention of a tariff change anywhere.

You'd be better off asking them to simply refer you to the Ofgem rule they are talking about; it doesn't exist as far as I am aware. ;)
    Follow the suppliers complaint procedure.
    Same applies if the tariff Toto have put you on is not the same tariff (save for any early exit fees which should not now apply) that you left Solarplicity with.
    ...Regarding your tariff: we’ve brought you to TOTO on exactly the same unit rate and standing charge you were previously on...
    https://totoenergy.com/solarplicity-customers#faq001

But I understood from post#2 of this thread that you had switched to another supplier before Toto took over any accounts. :huh:
    (and that being the case, you have already been advised on what to do/expect)