Welcome Finance PPI.....Aaaaarrrrrhhh!!

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Give FSCS ring, they are helping Welcome with ppi claims from 14th january 05.
    If your loan was taken out before that you need to ring welcome and ask who the insurer was.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/
  • Lollyrusty
    Options
    Hi my partner took out a 1000 pound loan with welcome finance after him loseing his job we could not afford the repayments and when we called welcome they did not want to no about what had happened to us we tried to tell them we now had very little money coming in we they still did not care we thought we were covered for this type of thing as we were paying them back over 1500 it has now had to be passed on to a dmp but I feel they are ripping us of to they said they would stop all the intreset but that is not the case as our welcome finance keeps going up not down this has put slot of stress on our family with me not being well and hsveing to have a third opp in next few weeks my partner is working now that's how we can afford to pay the dmp we have also got a lloyds credit card on there and an overdraft that all took a hammering when he list his job but they never wanted to help us Ether can anyone give me some advice please thank you
  • emm79
    emm79 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hey, I recently have been contacted by FSCS with a application form 4 compensation as back in 2005 I took out a loan for 15,000. I have now paid this loan off and I've filled it in and sent it off. Just wondering if any1 has had a successful claim???
    Would I get the full PPI back as i've paid loan off??? and what wud I get back??
    Any feedback would be really appreciated
    Good luck with ur claims :p
  • Wayne_Laura
    Options
    Lollyrusty wrote: »
    Hi my partner took out a 1000 pound loan with welcome finance after him loseing his job we could not afford the repayments and when we called welcome they did not want to no about what had happened to us we tried to tell them we now had very little money coming in we they still did not care we thought we were covered for this type of thing as we were paying them back over 1500 it has now had to be passed on to a dmp but I feel they are ripping us of to they said they would stop all the intreset but that is not the case as our welcome finance keeps going up not down this has put slot of stress on our family with me not being well and hsveing to have a third opp in next few weeks my partner is working now that's how we can afford to pay the dmp we have also got a lloyds credit card on there and an overdraft that all took a hammering when he list his job but they never wanted to help us Ether can anyone give me some advice please thank you

Can I sell you some punctuation? Reading that all in 1 sentence just about gave me an asthma attack, and I dont even have asthma! :)
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    emma yes you will get all the ppi back if you claim
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • emm79
    emm79 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thank u geoffky..I hope so :-)
  • emma809
    emma809 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I know this is an older thread but i paid welcome from 1997 to 1999. what do you think my chances will be???

hi i have had a loan with welcome finance for a couple of years and have been paying payment protection insurance.

after reading a forum on this site i decided to try and reclaim my ppi, so downloaded all the template's and the financial OMB forms in preperation as i was expecting a long fight,

i sent my first letter just over two weeks ago via recorded delivery and put the following:

I purchased the above policy from you in February 2008but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following reasons.

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as.
    • Your salesperson implied that taking out the policy was essential for me to get the associated credit as I had a low credit rating and I was high risk.
    • I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.
    Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

after 5 days i received a letter back saying they where looking into my case and was asked to fill in a questionaire which i did and again sent via recorded delivery:

then today 2 weeks after i sent my first letter i received a letter saying that my claim had been accepted and i would receive a refund of £1895 which includes the 8% interest included in the letter and also my loan payments would be reduce by £80.00 per month.

i would like to thank MSE for all the templates and information on re-claiming as i wouldnt be able to do it without you.

and if you thinking of reclaimg do it now get yourself prepared download all the template's send everything recorded delivery and as ive shown you can get wonderful rewards.

mark
  • topjack
    topjack Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    I have been succesful with Benificial but still waiting after 5 weeks for the money, I am now helping two others both with simular tales of welcome finance car loans both sold PPI and all the other insurances both told accept all or no loan, it has only been 3 weeks but had a reply for one of them saying that according to thier records he was never sold PPI. I promptly replied that I have a copy of the contract and quoting the amount, both people also say that the salesman would avoid answering questions one has paid of his loan and was not aware that PPI was not compulsary the other renegoiated his loan two years after the original he will now pay£19,000 for a £3000 car these people are crooksbut they have an
  • Gmeek1960
    Options
    Took out a loan in 2008 with Finance, was quite suprised the other day to get a letter saying they were checking whether I had been mis-sold PPI.
    Quite simply YES I have never taken out PPI due to all the horror stories about when people come to claim.

returned the letter just aiting for a reply which from Welcome will probably be no refund, however as the letter was from some Government Dept Imay stand a chance???
  • CarliJ
    CarliJ Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Gmeek1960 wrote: »
    Took out a loan in 2008 with Finance, was quite suprised the other day to get a letter saying they were checking whether I had been mis-sold PPI.
    Quite simply YES I have never taken out PPI due to all the horror stories about when people come to claim.

returned the letter just aiting for a reply which from Welcome will probably be no refund, however as the letter was from some Government Dept Imay stand a chance???

YES YES YES you will stand a chance, i got the exact same letter 3 weeks ago, and just got a letter to say im being given £1600.00! So im sure you will get something! :D
    To quote my English Teacher:

Your life is like a path of driven snow, be careful how you tread for every mark will show.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure