IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BW Legal LoC

Options
not_the_messiah
not_the_messiah Posts: 82 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 7 August 2019 at 10:18PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi everyone!

I have been reading threads on here for a while now in anticipation of me receiving something from these people! As the title suggests, I have just received my Letter of Claim and I am planning to send a SAR and 'on hold' request to the relevant parties (similar to this thread).

Before I do that however, I just wanted to check that this is the best course of action as I've not seen an example of my particular 'violation' on the forums. The driver parking in a bay that is reserved for a holiday cottage (don't ask, we've had words):

We had a valid ticket at the time the 'offence' was spotted, but I am not sure if this is a valid defence or not!

Thanks in advance,

not_the_messiah

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Are there any other signs there apart from the one you have shown us?

Anything with parking terms and conditions on?
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Are there any other signs there apart from the one you have shown us?

Anything with parking terms and conditions on?

Yes - two of these:
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sign says Terms and Conditions apply, but it doesn't appear to state what those terms are. Are those terms stated anywhere?
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    That sign says Terms and Conditions apply, but it doesn't appear to state what those terms are. Are those terms stated anywhere?

Gawd Bless Google Maps! You can see the car park in question here: Car Park

Additional signs from the above link:
    IMAGES
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    Just a polite bump for comments - thanks in advance for any help received.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BWLegal will have added a fake £60 in their claim ???

The courts have kicked out BWLegal for ABUSE OF PROCESS

Read this ...
    Abuse of Process ... District Judge tells BWLegal

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6014081/abuse-of-process-district-judge-tells-bwlegal
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    BWLegal will have added a fake £60 in their claim ???

The courts have kicked out BWLegal for ABUSE OF PROCESS

Read this ...
    Abuse of Process ... District Judge tells BWLegal

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

Thanks!

So the £60 referred to is the £60 in this?
    The Balance Due includes the £100 PCN charge plus Our Client's
    initial legal costs of £60.00, which are detailed in the car park or sinage terms and conditions.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks!

So the £60 referred to is the £60 in this?

YES, nasty little scam is it not ????

Not only abuse of process against POFA2012 but also abuse of process of the courts own rules about double recovery
  • not_the_messiah
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    YES, nasty little scam is it not ????

Not only abuse of process against POFA2012 but also abuse of process of the courts own rules about double recovery

Why the rotten sh1ts!

Thanks - i'll have a read of that thread :beer:
  • didgeridoooo
    didgeridoooo Posts: 366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 August 2019 at 12:39PM
    Options
    What DIRE signage in that car park! Good old ArmTrick Security Services. Terrible!

And, even though they can't charge that extra £60 by POFA2012 (I assume they have not identified the driver?) - It's still worth (in my view) showing that the £60 was NOT mentioned ANYWHERE. Two bites of cherry. Judge should throw it out for double recovery, or at least that fake charge, but if not, the lack of any mention of it should help.

In my case, BWL said on the Claim Form "The Claimant also claims £60 contractual costs pursuant to PCN Terms and Conditions". !!!!!!! hilarious - The PCN isn't a new contract, and even if it was, where and how did I agree to contract upon it's terms?! Duh. Basically, it's foolish to think these monkeys actions through, they don't, so why should we? Just stick to the rules (POFA hopefully) and you should dump this where it belongs, in the bog. :)
    Combatting the pandemic of BWLegal-19, one 'notice of discontinuance' at a time. :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure