Cancellation of Virgin active gym membership

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Whisper26
    Options
    Hi

Yeah cancelling DD's are a bit of grey area. I know when I was a member of Pure Gym that was all they required but with Virgin Active I couldn't see anything in the T&C's to say this was fine. My partner was a Flex member and at the time we just shot the club an email.

For me I just cancelled my contract using my online account. I was on a normal contract and the 12 motnhs is up end of the month. I didn't get any confirmation but I gave the disbury club a ring and the girl who answered confirmed its cancelled. So I can't complain.

It's a shame its not a bad Gym but after my locker was robbed I found it difficult to enjoy any work out as having the constant worries of what you might come back to. Even after changing my lock to a good old fashioned key lock from a combination lock.
  • shicky
    shicky Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm about to start this task which from reading sounds like it will be fairly involved! Long story short I joined virgin about 9months ago, unfortunately only 2months in I badly broke my ankle. I managed to sort this with Virgin and they agreed to freeze my membership for free, only taking a month's membership as it was too late which I was happy with. Unfortunately, my ankle break is quite bad and despite physio etc I do not feel capable of going to the gym. Can someone advise how I can prepare myself for this? I don't want things to turn nasty and them to take me through the cleaners. They already have a letter from my gp I think which allowed me to freeze without a fee

Thank you
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shicky wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm about to start this task which from reading sounds like it will be fairly involved! Long story short I joined virgin about 9months ago, unfortunately only 2months in I badly broke my ankle. I managed to sort this with Virgin and they agreed to freeze my membership for free, only taking a month's membership as it was too late which I was happy with. Unfortunately, my ankle break is quite bad and despite physio etc I do not feel capable of going to the gym. Can someone advise how I can prepare myself for this? I don't want things to turn nasty and them to take me through the cleaners. They already have a letter from my gp I think which allowed me to freeze without a fee

Thank you

Does your contract say anything about not being able to go when injured ?

Go in and talk to them about it.
  • shicky
    shicky Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Does your contract say anything about not being able to go when injured ?

Go in and talk to them about it.

I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. I'm concerned about going in and speaking about it if that will start an unknown chain of events I'm unprepared for. I'd like to know what's round the corner so to speak. Anyone gone through this process?
  • Taylj79
    Options
    Hi, I've seen a lot of people staying they are having trouble cancelling their membership - I just wondered if anyone could offer some advice? I moved house to an area that did not have a virgin gym therefore I phoned the membership services who asked for proof of my new address and said that's membership pupils then be cancelled - shortly after this I receved a phone call from the club (virgin clapham) who told me that I needed to pay as I hadn't given notice by the 17th (a theme I see through the other posts here) after going back and forth they insisted that regardless of what the membership services guy said I still had to pay, not only that but I also have to pay for the PT sessions that I have never received! Are they able to do this???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure