Another PIP post

So I filled in the form this morning. Not as bad as I was expecting but still worried as what I see here and what they say on the form conflict.
I suspect I won't get awarded anything but one has to try. For me its not about the money its more about access to things. Really would like something like the nimbus access card but it seems I need to be claiming to access that.

So any advice from anyone before I post it?
I've not included any evidence as I don't have time to get any GP letters before I have to post it (and the form says not to wait for this) and I don't think they would take a letter from the chiropractor. I've never discussed some aspects of it with any GP as I don't believe they can help with them. I also end up seeing a different person every time I go to the GP. All in all i'm not at all sure that any GP letter would/could help
I second the other thread about online completion- they might struggle to read some some of my entries. But here's hoping i at least get an assessment.

Comments

• It would be unusual not to get an assessment, don't forget to photo-copy the forms before returning them for future reference and get proof of posting.
    Good luck
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,815
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to put as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. Adding some real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help.

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to prove you qualify and theirs.

Remember PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

It's highly likely that a face to face assessment will be needed because most people have them. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You really should have tried to send evidence. Without that backing up what you write you could simply be lying, in their opinion.
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    Yeah i would like to include evidence but the only thing I have on paper is a hospital discharge letter from 4 years ago which may be irrelevant to my current issues.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    halogen wrote: »
    and I don't think they would take a letter from the chiropractor. I've never discussed some aspects of it with any GP as I don't believe they can help with them. I also end up seeing a different person every time I go to the GP. All in all i'm not at all sure that any GP letter would/could help

If you can get a chiropractor letter I would send it.

As for GP I would make an appointment and outline your issues to them just in case DWP do contact the GP.

You can also get a letter from a carer or friend who has witnessed your issues to include.

But above all keep a copy of what you send for your reference ad send by signed for mail.

Good luck.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,815
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sheeps68 wrote: »
    But above all keep a copy of what you send for your reference ad send by signed for mail.

Completely pointless and a total waste of money sending anything to DWP by next day signed for delivery.

All mail going to DWP goes through a mail sorting process first. This means that someone from Royal Mail will sign for the letter, not someone from DWP. Once it's signed for, it can be anywhere. It's not classed as arriving until it's added to the computer.

Proof of posting is free and just as good.
  • A very friendly person at the DWP once told me never to use recorded delivery just proof of postage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure