The Final Furlong

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Dottles1
    Dottles1 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Beanie
    I forgot to mention that I also paid off the "just for points" credit card and that I made £100 on Friday from private work - £50 to the tax account and £50 to the holding account. I have been a bit perplexed as to how I could pay so much towards pots when I'm earning less and worrying that I have been miscalculating, when I realised that I haven't been taking the private earnings into account. In the past I would use any private earnings to top up my month and then have to find the tax money in a hurry. Now I spit it 50/50 between tax and the holding account and hey presto - panic over !! Who knew it would be so simple? (I should have done :() Anyway those days are over now.
    I spent time this morning trying to buy Glastonbury tickets but no joy. My friend and I have been trying for years without any luck yet I know of people who are successful year after year. If anyone has any tips they'd be more than welcome.
    Food audit/meal planning and shopping list was done yesterday and I'm off to buy groceries shortly. My friend bought my breakfast as a thankyou for looking after her dog (and booked said dog in for early in Nov as well as later this month) which I don't mind as she has a lovely nature and as I say I'm walking and feeding one anyway so one more doesn't make much difference. It would have been a NSD yesterday but
    I succumbed to a small pizza in front of the tv - it wasn't even that nice but it's done now. I've taken it out of personal spends which hurts a bit but I'll move on.
    It's raining steadily here, which was forecast, so as I am confined to indoors, I plan to get a bit of organising/decluttering done today and an hour of work later but I also want to fit in some time with my book. I caved in and put the heating on for an hour on Friday evening and it feels like I might have to do the same today.
    keep warm and dry everyone
    Dottles x
    CC1 Aug19 [STRIKE]£7587.85[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC2 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£1185.58[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC3 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£544.95[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    O/D Aug [STRIKE]£20[/STRIKE] Sept [STRIKE] £100[/STRIKE] Oct £0
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
    Total debt Aug 2019[STRIKE]£9318.38[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
  • Dottles1
    Options
    I didn't get my work done yesterday. I started but couldn't concentrate and was getting nowhere so gave it up for a bad job. That does mean I had to do it today though and between working at home and going into work to sort stuff out I've put in about 5 hours today. Hmmm, I'll have to make sure that it doesn't become a regular habit.
    Once home I grabbed a sandwich and Tilly and I went for a stroll to the green. It is full of dropped conkers and trees with multi coloured leaves, very pretty and very autumnal and the rain held off (it's back now) so it was lovely if a bit windy. On the way back I was stopped by a small boy inviting me to his "shop" on his drive. He and his siblings were giving away shells that they had decorated with scented markers which he talked me through. They were having a great old time and I am now the proud owner of a shell that smells of ice cream, orange and strawberry.

on an MSE note, I have a woman calling in the morning to pick up some Sketchers I had on FB a few weeks ago. I had actually put them in the bag to go to the charity shop so am very pleased. It just goes to show that it is worth hanging in there, just need a sniff at some of the other stuff on there. Anyway another £5 into the holding account for me!!
    Once all my payments have gone out I will add my totals to my signature so I can see at a glance how they're reducing.

Well the evening is now mine my friends
    enjoy yours
    Dottles x
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on the FB sale :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Dottles1
    Options
    Absolutely Beanie. I have some other things on FB that haven't moved but I'm now going to wait awhile before removing them.
    I hope you are all well.
    I've had a pretty good day at work today, it's been a while since I felt that way so long may it last. Also I didn't fall asleep on the sofa tonight so have been quite productive. I have (at last) sent all my paperwork to the accountant for my tax return so that's another job out of the way and I'm nearly at the end of the backlog of work I've been doing in my own time. My plan is to have it all finished by the weekend which will reduce the stress I've been feeling as will completing my last observation this week. All in all things are looking up.
    Today has been a NSD and tomorrow should be too as I've already made tomorrow's lunch and planned my evening meal.
    Gardenwise I have noticed a robin visiting over the last few months and am now actively encouraging him with mealworms and suet pellets. I put them out early each morning on the little table under the window but the cheeky fellow always manages to take them without me seeing. At least they are being eaten so maybe I just need to be patient.
    This weekend I will be going to Newcastle to see Matthew Bourne's ballet - Romeo & Juliet. I'm a real fan of his work, it always has a modern twist and is very powerful. My friend and I book up as soon as we see one advertised as the tickets always sell out quickly (I'm already booked in for next April) so it's already paid for and just the train ticket to buy which is usually quite cheap.
    The weather isn't too bad here, a few showers but only light and mild enough to not need the heating on. Hoping it lasts a bit longer.
    I'm off to bed in readiness for tomorrow.
    Sleep well all
    Dottles x
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sweet dreams :)

• Dottles1
    Options
    It's been another good day at work today and I have cleared the backlog I have been struggling through. No observation today so that means it WILL be tomorrow. I'm not worried though as it has given me the chance to run through the lesson with another group and it worked well. This will be the first weekend in a while without work hanging over my head in some form, can't wait.
    Today wasn't a NSD as I bought some bread for tomorrow's lunch however it was YS so not too bad. Hopefully tomorrow will be. I need to pay £16 to my DIL as she picked up pyjamas for GD's birthday plus I have also ordered a item from Ama3on but this will come from the birthday pot so is covered. I love having pots, can't think why I haven't done this before!

I have a little more private work booked in for Friday but every little helps as they say and it looks like being regular for the next 3/4 weeks.
    I do however, need to get at least one advert sorted this weekend. I've been waiting to have enough money in the business pot but if I get it done it should bring in some more work so it's a case of speculate to accumulate I think.
    Ending the day feeling very positive
    Night all
    Dottles x
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
  • Dottles1
    Options
    Hello all, I hope you had a good day.
    Yesterday and today have both been NSD's so that is 3 in a row this week. I'm aiming for 2 per week this month so I've caught up with one for last week.
    This morning was private work followed by housework. Then a friend dropped in for a coffee and we started rearranging my kitchen cupboards to make more space. My kitchen is tiny with limited cupboards so everything as to earn it's place or out it goes. I've made some space so that I can do a big shop of canned and dried food at the beginning of the month and then shop from home for the following weeks.
    On the MSE front, I returned a pair of shoes that had split up the back. I have had them for around four months but they were quite expensive as I'm limited in my choice of shoes due to the beginnings of arthritis in my ankles. I couldn't find the receipt but as the shop had ordered my size in I knew they had a record of the sale. Anyway, I'm now the owner of a new pair of shoes. In the past I would probably have grumbled but bought a new pair, oh how times have changed.
    Tomorrow will not be a NSD as I need to paymy train fare and lunch out but the ballet ticket is already paid for. However I'm trying to stretch the grocery budget by shopping one day later each week, it should be possible as I have enough in for about 3/4 days.
    The weather has been sunny here today so I've managed to hang some washing out and it is all practically dry. It is quite chilly this evening though, but that's to be expected I suppose.
    Lasagne and broccoli in the oven and I'm curled up on the sofa with Tilly, very cosy and she's loving having the throws back out.
    Well I'm quite hungry now so I'm off to see how ta is getting on.
    Have a lovely evening
    Dottles x
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on taking back the shoes :T

• Dottles1
    Options
    I've just been updating debts as all payments have now come out and I've now added them to my signature so I can see at a glance.
    Total debt
    is now into the £8000's. It feels good to see it going down and after Christmas I should be able to speed things up a bit.
    Dottles x
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income