IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS - signs up on partially owned land

Please could you guys have a quick read to see if this is ok to send to UKCPS
Landowner does not own all the land
I have permission to park on certain land - to which access was blocked by permit holding vehicles - this happens every day.

Thank you in advance

Dear UKCPS

Re PCN number: Zxxxxxxxx

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner and to my MP.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require ALL photos taken and an explanation of the allegation and your evidence, I have also taken photos for myself on my part as signs were not present the previous or following day of the ‘alledged parking violation’ and access to other land was blocked. There are no parking bays and no road markings indicating parking for any vehicle at the location in question. This location is not a car park at all but an access road leading to other land to which the vehicle in question had permission to park, which is not owned by the same landowner – Dransfield.

If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

There were no signs to state a permit was required at the side the driver of the car was parked against (xxxxxxxxxxxx) – as xxxxxxxxxxxx own part of this land and are required access via this route – they also have no contract with yourself (UKCPS) to pursue any wrongful parking Selby dental care have parking at the side of their property which I was unable to get too due to other vehicles with said permit blocking access. This is an ongoing issue that has been discussed with Dransfield – the partial landowner – with a poor outcome from them.
There has since been no signs present since 13/06/19. – one day following the alleged parking violation - Why have your signs all been removed?
You also state you are registered with BPA ( British parking Association) on your signs, which allows the vehicle in question a 10 minute grace period which was not adhered to as the driver was looking for the owners of the vehicles blocking the access to permitted parking for this vehicle. This vehicle was parked in this location for 8 minutes only.

In all cases, you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date – which has not be shown as evidence.

Formal note:
Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 August 2019 at 12:20PM
    UKCPS are IPC ATA members, not BPA. You need to remove any reference to the BPA.

I suggest you send the blue template unaltered. The scammers won't help you by answering any of your questions, and you will be showing your hand too soon.

See what others think.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I agree with Fruitcake.
  • StarSaver
    StarSaver Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thank you guys
    Unless anyone disagrees I shall send an unaltered version of the template as Fruitcake suggests.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I agree, but you do know not to try IAS and the appeal is just a game.

Come back at court claim stage if it happens, and keep all letters just in case.

Please no post asking for any 'next steps' just because the daft rejection letter arrives.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • so this came after about a year from the previous letters. 
    Do i still ignore it? 
    Thank you 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2020 at 6:02PM
    Yes, you know to only take seriously, a court claim. 

This is the rubbish post #4 of the NEWBIES thread tells you all about (please read the 4th post of the STICKY).

But I am glad you are back now because WE NEED YOU!

Please now make a real difference - A TASK FOR SEPTEMBER.

The Government is (this month only) consulting about a new statutory code of practice (CoP) and framework to rein in the rogue parking firms.  Read and comment on the draft CoP proposal and the enforcement framework consultation, and get everyone you know to do the same.

You will need to register to comment on the CoP and enter an occupation even if you are retired or a homemaker, but otherwise it is easy to navigate, and comment upon each section/subsection individually. You can save comments to edit later and or submit comments once you are happy with them.

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section

You do not need to register to comment on the enforcement framework which can be found here. It has a link on page 5 to make comments.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/913272/Code_Enforcement_Framework_consultation.pdf

At the very least, we say the parking charge level should be £50/£25 or higher level £70/£35, as per Council PCNs in E&W.  

And we say the added fake 'debt recovery' costs are just double counting the cost of letters, and MUST GO because that is unfair and illegal.

Please be heard.  You can bet the hundreds of PPCs will be commenting.

No apologies for repeating this vital 'call for action' to consumers, on every thread this month!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I have completed the 'task for September' 
    Thanks again for your help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport