Ebay return not accepted by seller?

I purchased an item from Ebay which was a new watch, when the item arrived I did not like the watch. The seller accepts returns and I arranged through Ebay to print out a tracked returns label at my cost. The item was returned and a refund was issued, however I have now received the item back through Royal Mail because the seller refused to accept the package.

What should I do? Is it likely that the seller will claim that they never received the item back and will try to reverse the refund?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jazzy wrote: »
    I purchased an item from Ebay which was a new watch, when the item arrived I did not like the watch. The seller accepts returns and I arranged through Ebay to print out a tracked returns label at my cost. The item was returned and a refund was issued, however I have now received the item back through Royal Mail because the seller refused to accept the package.

What should I do? Is it likely that the seller will claim that they never received the item back and will try to reverse the refund?

Seller cannot reverse the decision if item was not delivered, all a buyer needed to do was prove item was returned , if seller refuses it then it is their loss.

Email the seller and explain that item has been returned to you and can seller provide a new label for return or arrange collection at your convenience.Best also to give a cut off date Eg, 'by 31st August 2019' Also contact ebay and let them know you have the item back and have asked seller to arrange collection.

Remind seller once more later Then put it in a drawer safely and forget about it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure