TSB removing Home Emergency cover from Premier account

Hi,

Last month I was sent a letter from TSB to say they are removing home emergency cover from my account which I dont want to lose.

I currently pay £25 a month for the account which gives me the below.

Home emergency
Full AA cover
Mobile phone insurance for 3 phones
Full Annual Travel Insurance

There's a few other things but I don't use those services. The account has been excellent value over the years for my family and I'm really disappointed its changing.

Does anyone know of any similar accounts? A web search inst bringing any accounts with home emergency cover.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    I do not know of any accounts that provide home cover but if TSB are going to continue to charge £25 for the remaining three items you can get them a lot cheaper from for example nationwide
  • steffg60 wrote: »
    Hi,

Last month I was sent a letter from TSB to say they are removing home emergency cover from my account which I dont want to lose.

I currently pay £25 a month for the account which gives me the below.

Home emergency
    Full AA cover
    Mobile phone insurance for 3 phones
    Full Annual Travel Insurance

There's a few other things but I don't use those services. The account has been excellent value over the years for my family and I'm really disappointed its changing.

Does anyone know of any similar accounts? A web search inst bringing any accounts with home emergency cover.

Thanks in advance

Or just change to their Platinum account?
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/added-value-accounts/platinum-current-account/?WT.ac=A00257

And no banks tend to not offer home cover for things anymore
  • steffg60
    steffg60 Posts: 16 Forumite
    !!! wrote: »
    Or just change to their Platinum account?
    https://www.tsb.co.uk/added-value-accounts/platinum-current-account/?WT.ac=A00257

And no banks tend to not offer home cover for things anymore

Yes its the platinum they are converting it to. Home emergency cover has been such a saving for me over the years though.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    steffg60 wrote: »
    Yes its the platinum they are converting it to. Home emergency cover has been such a saving for me over the years though.

Get a quote from another Home emergency provider and compare whats offered against what you get from TSB.

Your home insurer might offer something similar.
  • steffg60 wrote: »

House insurance offers home emergency cover for a couple of quid extra per month.
    Or look for a different provider for it like British Gas etc.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,681
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'd definitely take this as an opportunity to shop around and see if you can get all the benefits you actually use for a cheaper price than your TSB account fee from alternate suppliers - £300/year is a fair chunk of cash so I suspect this is likely the case. I'd recommend comparison sites such as GoCompare, etc. Otherwise the Nationwide FlexPlus account is a good offering, although they are going to be removing their 3% interest rate in the near future (see: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6029314).
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,667
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've got Home Emergency and gas boiler cover on my contents insurance. Added about £2 a month to it.
    TSB platinum looks vastly over priced even with all the other insurances.
  • Halifax Ultimate Reward offers some sort of HE cover, along with breakdown, travel and phone insurances

https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/current-accounts/ultimate-reward-current-account/
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,961
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Funnily enought I received the following from Lloyds the other day:

We’re changing the provider of the Home Emergency Cover that comes with your Premier Current Account.

It means your AA Home Emergency Cover which is underwritten by Acromas Insurance Company Limited will end on 1 October 2019 and your new policy will start with the UK Branch of Inter Partner Assistance SA on 2 October 2019.

Coincidence?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gers wrote: »
    Funnily enought I received the following from Lloyds the other day:

Coincidence?

Hardly surprising as they used to be the same bank.
    Now that TSB were split from Lloyds and then taken over by Sabbadell they are probably tweaking their products.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure