Dispute with insurance company

Somewhere on the MSE site (I'm sure I've seen it, but I can't find it!) is a 'pre-packaged' process for dispute resolution via the FCA (I think).

In summary:
Leaking roof resulted in internal damage.
Insurance covered repairs.
Insurance company appointed Loss Adjusters, Loss Adjusters appointed Removal Firm.
Removal Firm lost/damaged our possessions whilst they were in their care.
We've been dealing with all three parties over the past few months but have now reached stalemate - and have decided to escalate the problem to the FCA (or is it the Ombudsman? Not sure).

Somewhere here is a 'Janet & John' guide to the process together with sets of useful letter templates and everything we need to lead us through the various gates.

If someone could point me at this resource I should be ok from there.

Thanks,
Gary

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Whenever you are not happy with your insurance company the route to go down is a complaint in line with their complaints procedure

Then if you are not happy with the reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you
  • GaryBC
    GaryBC Posts: 408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Quentin wrote: »
    Whenever you are not happy with your insurance company the route to go down is a complaint in line with their complaints procedure

Then if you are not happy with the reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you

Yes, it's the guide to the escalation process I'm after. I'm sure I've seen it here but I'm having trouble finding it.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Google FOS how to complain
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    GaryBC wrote: »
    Yes, it's the guide to the escalation process I'm after. I'm sure I've seen it here but I'm having trouble finding it.

When you complained, the insurer would have sent you information on how to refer it to the FOS in their acknowledgement letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure