New House & Sky

Options
Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying my first house (a new build) part of the contract which I already knew about from friends buying in the past was that I am not allowed a satellite dish on the front elevation. My house is south facing however and I have been advised that Sky dishes need to be facing south east, my house is semi detached so I don't have an east facing elevation to fix it to either. The developer has suggested that I fix the dish to an elevated pole attached to my rear fence and that this is quite a regular thing on new developments (I haven't ever seen one in my life). However, it was my understanding that you had to have a clear view with the dish for it to work so I'm not entirely sure if that suggestion is even valid? Plus because the fence is essentially accessible from the main road and it's not in the most upstanding area known to man I would worry that some little oiks might see it and have a go at pulling it down or something.

Does anyone have any info/experiences they could share of similar situations? Sadly Virgin Media is out of the question as it hasn't been installed on site so I'm out of luck there. Sky isn't a deal breaker, I could always settle with NowTV but when you have a nice 4k telly it seems like a waste not to actually make the most of it with ultra HD content...

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport