Buying Reward Gateway and Instant Voucher type deals on a CC

Options
Morning all, my first post here so please be gentle. Apologies if its in the wrong place.

What are your thoughts on trying to save the extra few percent with these Instant Vouchers that our work-related Reward Gateway tout and similar to Quidco and others.

I'm all for saving say 6% by buying the voucher but how does that affect any CreditCard type guarantees that I might have been protected by using the CC direct with the seller?

This assumes that I am paying off the balance in full every month so there's no problem with paying 18% to save 6%

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Your only resolution for buying something on CC is in respect of what you bought.

If you buy a voucher and the voucher is invalid/does not conform to the stated T&Cs then you can raise a S75 claim on that basis.

If you use the voucher and the goods fail to conform to contract, you have no possibility of a S75 claim as there needs to be a direct Consumer -> Credit Card -> Seller relationship. (Using a payment gateway like Worldpay is different - they're just processing the transaction (for a fee paid by the seller); the payment still goes direct from your CC to the seller).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure