Faster payments IN to Marcus

Options
Has anybody experienced 'delays' with faster payments hitting their Marcus accounts? Made one at 6:50 this morning and it still hasn't hit my account. (at 10:10 ish) Have made tens of deposits before and they've always been in the account in minutes.

I know they quote up to end next working day for faster payments but its strange when it's never happened before.

My bank assures me it's left them,.......

Comments

• Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In my experience there does tend to be a slight delay whenever funds are moved to/from Marcus but it’s longer during the weekend. I’ve had one payment delayed until the following day.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • steveksullivan
    Options
    Thanks that,s slightly reassuring - I've noticed that payment in to Marcus often take up to 5 minutes, when with most other banks they are there before you can refresh the screen.

It's possible I've not made a payment in at weekend before....not sure.

Any other experiences anyone?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My slowest one was between 1 and 2 hours. Some have been credited within about 5 minutes. I usually transact in the evenings and weekends.

I've had one or two faster payments between two current accounts take over 4 hours before. It really does depend on the sending bank's checks.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've found it much slower at the weekend when transferring to Marcus.
  • PennySmart
    Options
    I've also noticed it appears slower at weekends.
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a different problem last Saturday 20th July. I was moving money from Marcus to my nominated account when it had not arrived after a couple of hours I had to move money from another savings account to cover a payment I was making. The payment arrived the next day in my nominated account which I was alerted to by the usual email informing me of a withdrawal.
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 July 2019 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Iv'e had several delays especially if i'v'e moved money on a friday it almost never arrives the same day, not sure if it is something to do with Santander.
  • steveksullivan
    Options
    hmmmmmm .....not sure whether to suspect Santander or not.....although they DID assure me at around 9 o'clock yesterday AM that the payment had DEFINITELY left them.......

However this morning money in the Marcus account.

Not sure when it arrived but definitely still not there by around lunchtime yesterday - so at least 6-7 hours, probably more.

Thanks for the replies.
  • 20SmthngSver
    Options
    I've read that Marcus FPI can be slow.

I sent them a cheque from my linked account and it was deposited so quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure