Ebay - Argos Click & Collect

Options
Do the staff at Argos open the Click and Collect parcels when they arrive at the store?

The reason I ask is that a buyer has just sent me a picture of the shoes she bought and there is a blue pen mark on one of them. I can say, in all honesty, that this mark was not present when I packed them.

Is there any chance that this could have happened in-store or is she trying to pull a fast one?

I have accepted the return anyway, I'll refund on receipt, but just wondering what on earth has happened.

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Not in my experience. Never had an opened parcel when I have picked stuff up.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    Do the staff at Argos open the Click and Collect parcels when they arrive at the store?

The reason I ask is that a buyer has just sent me a picture of the shoes she bought and there is a blue pen mark on one of them. I can say, in all honesty, that this mark was not present when I packed them.

Is there any chance that this could have happened in-store or is she trying to pull a fast one?

I have accepted the return anyway, I'll refund on receipt, but just wondering what on earth has happened.

Not in my experience. No reason too.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Absolutely not, they merely handle the parcels. Did the buyer say the item was open on arrival?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Sounds very much like she's trying to pull a fast one. Asking for a partial refund by any chance?
  • surveyqueenuk
    Options
    Soolin, I have asked her, still waiting to hear back.
    dj1471 Asking for a full refund. I have agreed to this, on receipt of the goods.

I realise the onus is on me to pay return postage. Well, that's just the name of the game isn't it. Never mind eh...
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The items I have collected via Argos have always been sealed and unopened.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure