2»

Comments

• bhjm
    bhjm Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gionnetto wrote: »
    Hello,
    I moved to the UK in May 2017. I have a current account already (and don't want to switch), a sub-prime credit card, and just got a 0% purchases one.
    I want to open a FlexDirect account with Nationwide, but I've read on their site it requires 3 years of UK history which obviously I don't have yet.
    Do you know if it's possible to get a FlexDirect even with a little more than 2 years of history?
    Thanks!

i came to UK in 2017 - opened at Nationwide a FlexDirect as my Main/Salary account as first account in UK. No issues at all.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Isn't the same 3 years history required for any credit card? If you already have 2 credit cards, I guess it shouldn't be so hard to open a current account even if they require 3 years of history. I personally would pop in to their branch and ask them.

My understanding is that the requirement is 3 years of address history (regardless of where it is) - but some banks take this to mean 3 years of address history in the UK. In these instances, banks will either not let applicants apply, or reject them outright. I've had plenty of instances where I can't complete application forms since the computer systems reject non-UK post codes and make them a mandatory field, effectively preventing me from completing it.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They'll probably offer you a FlexBasic if they decline the FlexDirect.

You can upgrade to the FlexDirect from FlexBasic at a later stage.
    The only downside is you can't get a £100 referral for the FlexBasic
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport