New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

It’s an exceptionally tough time for the holiday, travel and events industry, and we are swamped with questions about your consumer rights around cancelled concerts, flights, hotels, theatre shows etc.

We’re a small team and we want to make sure Forumites are getting the answers they need accurately and quickly. So for the time being, we are hitting pause on this board and redirecting everyone to the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

And of course, we have the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Seetickets Fan to Fan resale prohibited (?!)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
gregorygrahamgregorygraham Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
I bought 2 tickets for Ed Sheeran using Seetickets Fan to Fan "ethical" re-sale platform. These are not physical or e-tickets, instead your credit card is your ticket and is scanned on entry. That means unless you resell through an official re-seller you cannot sell them, nor can anyone else use them (the buyer must present their card and ID on entry to the concert).

Now, I am unable to go to the show, and want to re-sell the tickets on their platform (earning them another 10% commission).

Their T&C do not state reselling fan to fan tickets is prohibited, seetickets.com/content/fan-to-fan-terms , and their website states "To sell your spare ticket on Fan-to-Fan Marketplace, you must have purchased through Seetickets.com (or one of our partner sites) and that ticket must be linked to your See User Account" - which I did.

Despite this, they have told me "Unfortunately there are no options for ethically reselling tickets purchased through Fan to Fan. I can confirm that you cannot and have never been able to resell tickets purchased through Fan to Fan on Fan to Fan."

Are they allowed to do this? I am now stuck with 2 tickets I cannot re-list, re-sell, or even give away, which I paid over £100 for. Any insight / advice appreciated. Thanks