Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Car Hire company charged us for insurance when we already had paid for it - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Car Hire company charged us for insurance when we already had paid for it

22 replies 1.6K views
13»

Replies

• JumblebumbleJumblebumble Forumite
    947 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    You clearly don't have the slightest clue about what you are writing.
    The brokers are not selling insurance policies on behalf of the car hirer. They are selling the policies on behalf of an independent insurance broker and themselves. Absolutely nothing to do with the car hirer.

The car hirers themselves don't sell insurance. They simply sell waivers. In other words, waiving your responsibility to have to pay for certain damages

Best to do your research before posting. It's on all of us to scrutinise to what we agree..

Well all I can say is that Cartrawler sell what you call a waiver underwritten by AXA known as USA Car Hire – Additional Cover but they
    have in this contract
    "This insurance contract is between you and us. Any
    person or company who is not party to this policy has no
    right to enforce any condition of this policy"

Did you read what the OP wrote who one assumes knows who sold them the insurance ?

"We explained we did not as there was no mention of an insurance as we showed them the certificate already purchased from their broker"

As cubegame said
    The OPs complaint seems to be that they were duped into buying additional insurance which they probably signed for.

No where did I suggest that any type of insurance would negate the need to leave a deposit .
  • EveryWhereEveryWhere
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well all I can say is that Cartrawler sell what you call a waiver underwritten by AXA known as USA Car Hire – Additional Cover but they
    have in this contract
    "This insurance contract is between you and us. Any
    person or company who is not party to this policy has no
    right to enforce any condition of this policy"

Did you read what the OP wrote who one assumes knows who sold them the insurance ?

"We explained we did not as there was no mention of an insurance as we showed them the certificate already purchased from their broker"

As cubegame said
    The OPs complaint seems to be that they were duped into buying additional insurance which they probably signed for.

No where did I suggest that any type of insurance would negate the need to leave a deposit .

No, it is what you call a waiver. It is insurance.

I have already explained it to you. I am not going to do it again.