incorrect new car

Options
Vonnie3
Vonnie3 Posts: 8 Forumite
Hi, I'm not sure if you can help, but I've no idea what to do. Short version , we ordered a fiat 500 twin air 105hp waited 5 months then went in to collect it, 1/03/18. They had lost all the paperwork so had to re do it all so 3hrs later we drove away only to find it was the wrong car, it was the 85hp the only way we knew is this car had only 5 gears and the 105hp has 6. Anyway we rang them straight away and arranged to go in. They promised to order the correct car but this takes time but we could use the car they had given us, so we waited and waited, 4 months down the line i rang asking where our car was they knew nothing about it, and so our nightmare began.

We have all the original paperwork that says 105hp we are paying on finance for a 105hp, but they basically say we are mistaken and didn't order the 105hp. We contacted the finance they didn't want to know and just altered the details on their screen, so we are still paying for a 105hp, we have now cancelled payments to get their attention. We contacted the ombudsman last August but as yet heard nothing We really are at our wits end can you help?

Comments

• TheNickster
    TheNickster Posts: 4,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Vonnie3 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if you can help, but I've no idea what to do. Short version , we ordered a fiat 500 twin air 105hp waited 5 months then went in to collect it, 1/03/18. They had lost all the paperwork so had to re do it all so 3hrs later we drove away only to find it was the wrong car, it was the 85hp the only way we knew is this car had only 5 gears and the 105hp has 6. Anyway we rang them straight away and arranged to go in. They promised to order the correct car but this takes time but we could use the car they had given us, so we waited and waited, 4 months down the line i rang asking where our car was they knew nothing about it, and so our nightmare began.

We have all the original paperwork that says 105hp we are paying on finance for a 105hp, but they basically say we are mistaken and didn't order the 105hp. We contacted the finance they didn't want to know and just altered the details on their screen, so we are still paying for a 105hp, we have now cancelled payments to get their attention. We contacted the ombudsman last August but as yet heard nothing We really are at our wits end can you help?

You could try this:-

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/
    Do not be fooled into believing that this society cannot be made fairer because hard work isn't necessarily all it takes.
    There are those on MSE DT who know the price of everything but the value of little.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    You probably need to get one of the mods to move this to the motoring board. (Think you do it by reporting your post yourself).

You are saying that you have all the paperwork confirming that you ordered the 105 bhp model, that they gave you the wrong model on collection in March last year, and that they now claim to know nothing about getting you the right model? And that you are paying the finance co. for the more expensive correct model, but they are ignoring you?

When you've presented the dealer and the finance company with your original documentation showing you had ordered the 105 bhp version, what have they said? How can they say you are mistaken if you have paperwork showing otherwise?

How did you get to the ombudsman? I thought you had to exhaust the dealer's/finance company's complaints procedure first?
  • Vonnie3
    Vonnie3 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    we contacted everyone at the dealership from the manager, area manager, and owners of the dealerships. all said the don't believe they did anything wrong. this is our problem no one is listening
  • Angus_Og
    Angus_Og Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    Letter before action.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Moved to Motoring.
  • a.turner
    a.turner Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Are you still using the car and have you rejected it?
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    do you have a signed order form stating the model you ordered? Take legal advice.

Not Arnold Clark was it?
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Possibly not a good idea to cancel payments if you're still using the car. You would be in breach of contract. I'm not excusing or diminishing their apparent incompetence but don't create a second problem that will distract from the one you want solved.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you have the order paperwork, then wave it at them.
    If you don't, then it's he-said-she-said.

And I'm going to second my Duck friend - DO NOT stop paying!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Vonnie3 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if you can help, but I've no idea what to do. Short version , we ordered a fiat 500 twin air 105hp waited 5 months then went in to collect it, 1/03/18.

So you have had the car for 16 months, did you pay for an 85 hp or 105 hp model?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure