Avoid being fleeced for mail order

Options
124»

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    But exactly to the left of "customer service "is the number clearly visible with the words " call us"-I would rather call than have livechat so it's quite correct to assume that is the number to call them on.

Why would anyone click on a customer service link when you can the number in front of you.Theres no right or wrong way, but there's a wrong way to treat your customers and this is it
    I think this pales into insignificance compared to what Cotton Traders CEO's office told the OP.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 July 2019 at 9:18PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think this pales into insignificance compared to what Cotton Traders CEO's office told the OP.

I'm not in competition.:D
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I'm not in competition.
    Neither am I.
    It was simply an observation about how a company sees its customers.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But exactly to the left of "customer service "is the number clearly visible with the words " call us"-I would rather call than have livechat so it's quite correct to assume that is the number to call them on.

Why would anyone click on a customer service link when you can the number in front of you.Theres no right or wrong way, but there's a wrong way to treat your customers and this is it

And neither of those numbers are for customer services for UK customers, so obviously you then look under "customer service".
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • hollydays
    edited 23 July 2019 at 12:19PM
    Options
    That's just your opinion.
    That doesn't explain how so many people ring the high cost number -does it?
    Strange how they don't have it listed-

Ring us
    Uk customer care xxxxx
    Overseas customer care xxxxxxxxx

Because that would be the obvious , unambiguous thing to do..
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's just your opinion.
    That doesn't explain how so many people ring the high cost number -does it?
    Strange how they don't have it listed-

Ring us
    Uk customer care xxxxx
    Overseas customer care xxxxxxxxx

Because that would be the obvious , unambiguous thing to do..

Is's not opinion it's fact. They show two numbers, one is for orders the other is for overseas customer. Errrm let me think, neither of those is what I want so what do I do..........oh I know right next to those two numbers that don't concern us in any way shape or form it says "Customer service" and right underneath "contact us".
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • hollydays
    Options
    parkrunner wrote: »
    Is's not opinion it's fact. They show two numbers, one is for orders the other is for overseas customer. Errrm let me think, neither of those is what I want so what do I do..........oh I know right next to those two numbers that don't concern us in any way shape or form it says "Customer service" and right underneath "contact us".
    Again, your opinion.
  • deaks1
    Options
    Hi. I’ve just received my order from Cotton Traders, but after trying the trousers on, I realised I needed a smaller size. I looked on the back of the invoice in my parcel and it clearly shows for any exchanges, to call the 0844 telephone number from my mobile which I did as it said it would only cost me 7p a minute. I was waiting for about 8 mins before i got through to a customer advisor. Total call length 11 mins. After my call I had a text from Vodafone’s Cap manager saying I had reached 80% of the £10 capped amount. I therefore checked my Vodafone bill and can’t believe I have been charged over £9 for this call!!! I immediately called Vodafone who are calling me back on Saturday as my bill needs to be generated so they can see the breakdown. 11 mins at 7p is not over £9 worth!!! I attach a photo of the back of my invoice as Cotton Traders are clearly misleading people!! It says clearly for exchanges to call 0845, but underneath it then says for any return enquires to call an 0161 number which would have been included in my unlimited minutes. Basically, my query was to do with an exchange and didn’t have a return enquiry so they have misled me in to calling the premium rate number!!! Everyone beware!!! Would appreciate anyone’s comments as to whether this is legal or not? Thank you. 
  • tombar1
    Options
    I’ve just received my mobile phone bill and found an extra charge of £4.31. On checking, this is the 08448 441111 number which I seemed to have used to arrange an exchange. As far as I remember, this was the only number given on the Returns leaflet. Not a good experience
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback