New Post Advanced Search

HMV Loyalty Card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
2 replies 3.4K views
missyshopmissyshop Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Shop but don't drop
Hi.
I have searched to see if this topic is discussed elsewhere but couldn't find anything. Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a purehmv account. Essentially it was HMVs loyalty system until they were bought out recently this year.
HMV have decided to replace this system and so have removed access for costumers to their accounts.
I made a large purchase using my purehmv points for a christmas present in store in December 2018. The gift has broken but is under warranty.
My problem:
* I cannot find the receipt
* the store I bought it from has closed down
* I cannot access my loyalty account to get proof of purchase from there (as the website has effectively closed down)

What are the rules regarding purchases made via loyalty cards?
Are they covered by consumers rights laws?
What leverage can I use on HMV to get the information I need or to get a replacement/repair?

Many thanks

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    missyshop wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have searched to see if this topic is discussed elsewhere but couldn't find anything. Apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a purehmv account. Essentially it was HMVs loyalty system until they were bought out recently this year.
    HMV have decided to replace this system and so have removed access for costumers to their accounts.
    I made a large purchase using my purehmv points for a christmas present in store in December 2018. The gift has broken but is under warranty.
    My problem:
    * I cannot find the receipt
    * the store I bought it from has closed down
    * I cannot access my loyalty account to get proof of purchase from there (as the website has effectively closed down)

What are the rules regarding purchases made via loyalty cards?
    Are they covered by consumers rights laws?
    What leverage can I use on HMV to get the information I need or to get a replacement/repair?

Many thanks

How did you pay ?
    I'm hoping credit card, just use your statement, write to them but keep it plain and simple.
  • 1974Marie1974Marie Forumite
    57 posts
    The thanks button is not an ornament