What mattress do you have? Looking for recommendations

I'm in need of a new mattress. I'm looking for a medium firmness, pocket spring one and I sleep hot so I want to avoid memory foam but latex is OK. I know all mattresses settle a little but I am wanting to avoid one that has deep dips where we sleep after only a few months or even years.

I've been tempted by the Which? Best Buy, the Sealy 1400 Latex / Teramo / Messina / Nostramo (apparently all the same mattress but different names) and I've tried it in store and it felt good, however, there's something strange with regard to reviews. Considering this mattress would have sold in the hundreds because of the Which? recommendation, there aren't many reviews. Its almost like Sealy are asking mattress sellers to not publish reviews? Some of the few I have found say it sags, even though Which said it wouldn't. Its suspicious!

I'm wondering what all you Moneysavingexpert's are sleeping on and if you're happy with the mattress? Does anyone have the Sealy mattress and how does it wear?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sausagecat
    Sausagecat Posts: 23 Forumite
    Anyone? Almost 200 people have read this post but no one has posted what they sleep on? Come on guys, whip off your sheets and let me know!

I've changed my mind on the Sealy Which Best Buy after reading the few reviews I could find.

I'm thinking of a Hypnos now. Without a pillowtop and one that can be turned. Can anyone that sleeps on a Hypnos recommend their mattress?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If you search mattress on this board you will find lots of posts with various info that may help you.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • loadsacash
    loadsacash Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We have a Salus Mattress - which we have had for 2 years and are very happy with it!

It is up to personal taste and I have found that you do need to spend the money to get a good mattress - my other half was shocked when he found out how much I spent on that one, but it was worth it!
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Visprung...
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Problem is one persons good mattress is anothers piece of hardwood .
    One of the Which guides top buys was an Ikea £100 mattress .
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Harrison. Now about 3 years old, and still extremely comfy/no dips.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Emma is v good and seems to be wearing well.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • If you are looking for a medium firmness with pocket springs and looking for a cool sleep, you could try the Simba Hybrid which has a cooling synthetic top layer so you shouldn’t overheat at night.
    What is great about the Simba is that it comes with a 100-night trial so you can try it out at home and if you are not happy with it you can request a return at zero cost to you. Its also backed by a 10-year warranty so you don’t need to worry about any dips. The Simba also happens to be the most reviewed mattress in Europe so you can rest assured there isn’t any fishy business.

Although I think Simba is a great option for what you looking for I currently sleep on the Brook and Wilde Lux mattress (they have three firmness options and I chose the medium-firm option) which my partner and I are totally happy with.
    Before purchasing the mattress I did a lot of research and found themattressguide.co.uk/best-mattress-uk very helpful. Take a look at that page, it's a great starting point. Let us know what you chose :)
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    greenbee wrote: »
    Visprung...

Vispring. It didn't spring did it?

We have Vispring and whilst more expensive than some other brands you know what you get for your money and the quality is excellent. Comfort is a given.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I sleep on a Hypnos contract mattress purchased from Premier Inns. It is comfortable but quite firm.

See https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/sleep/buy-our-bed.html

I would buy Vispring if I could afford it. Harrisons are also good value. I believe that some John Lewis own-brand mattresses are made for them by Harrisons.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure