We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription

Options
hello, I had a subscription through a sports channel that I cancelled ,but the channel is still showing after a number of weeks, I e mailed them straight away , and explained,and was told the technical team was still working on it, I e mailed again ,and was told I wasn't been charged (im not) ,on the third occasion I told them if it wasnt switched off ,I wouldn't be contacting them again, were do I stand if they eventually try to bill me in the future when they realize its still showing thanks

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have proof and confirmation from them if cancellation.

"See you in court" would be your best reply
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • stodgy88
    stodgy88 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for reply, kept the e mails confirming all details in my original post .
  • stodgy88
    Options
    In your opinion, will they be likely to follow up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There won't be any need for them to follow up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stodgy88 wrote: »
    hello, I had a subscription through a sports channel that I cancelled ,but the channel is still showing after a number of weeks, I e mailed them straight away , and explained,and was told the technical team was still working on it, I e mailed again ,and was told I wasn't been charged (im not) ,on the third occasion I told them if it wasnt switched off ,I wouldn't be contacting them again, were do I stand if they eventually try to bill me in the future when they realize its still showing thanks

What is the channel out of interest?
  • stodgy88
    Options
    racingtv used to be racinguk.
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,679 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    stodgy88 wrote: »
    were do I stand if they eventually try to bill me in the future when they realize its still showing

Assuming your contract allows you to cancel, and you've followed the instructions for cancellation etc, you shouldn't have to pay any more.

If you want to be extra safe - assuming you pay by card - you can contact your card provider and tell them to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority.

(... or cancel the direct debit, if you pay that way.)
  • hind98
    hind98 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone had any haggling succes with RacingUK ?
    They seem to keep offering 1 year £10 month deals for new subscribers ie Cheltenham offer but £25 month for loyal subscribers
  • hind98
    hind98 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Half price for a year racinguk cheltenham deal on now
    Bit annoying, best i could haggle was £15 few weeks back
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 15,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If they debit you contact bank to claim money back given you have cancelled. Keep email safe 👍
    Just do not use channel, gives then a excuse to charge you.

If they have said they are looking into it. Pointless wasting you time chasing them any more.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure