Last minute August resort holiday recommendations?

Due to a lot of fun and games with logistics, Hubby and I are now able to go on holiday mid August for c~ 1 week.

We've never done the AI Resort-style holiday before, and have always wanted to experience it! Looking for somewhere to relax, some sightseeing and meandering around.

Definitely want to fly from BHX, but that shouldn't limit things too much. Any recommendations for destinations and/or vendors as I keep getting overwhelmed with options!

Comments

• Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What's your budget?

You realise you are going to be surrounded by British children.

What's your type of resort Benidorm or Marbella?
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • JMFD
    JMFD Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Definitely more marbella.

2k at a push, obviously prefer less!

The timing is stuck due to hubby working at school :(
  • I have stayed here.

https://www.jet2holidays.com/beach/portugal/madeira/funchal/enotel-lido-resort?holiday=217&duration=7&airport=98&date=12-08-2019&occupancy=r2c&board=8&iflight=572355&oflight=572350&rooms=16068&gtmsearchtype=Search+Results#tab-overview

Now OK the majority of British visitors are of a more mature age group but you will find younger Europeans staying there.

The all inclusive is OK too, you get branded drinks not local cheap brands and sightseeing, well loads to see, local bus stop 200 yards, 1.95 bus fare into Funchal ( cheaper if you buy a Giro card )
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I would highly recommend Santa Eulalia in Ibiza (take no notice of the hype about the island) There are several options for accommodation, including the Palladium Don Carlos. Great AI hotel.
  • JMFD
    JMFD Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your recommendations.. investigating!
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JMFD wrote: »
    Due to a lot of fun and games with logistics, Hubby and I are now able to go on holiday mid August for c~ 1 week.

We've never done the AI Resort-style holiday before, and have always wanted to experience it! Looking for somewhere to relax, some sightseeing and meandering around.

Definitely want to fly from BHX, but that shouldn't limit things too much. Any recommendations for destinations and/or vendors as I keep getting overwhelmed with options!

Pick an adults only all inclusive
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    ibizafan wrote: »
    I would highly recommend Santa Eulalia in Ibiza (take no notice of the hype about the island) There are several options for accommodation, including the Palladium Don Carlos. Great AI hotel.

I stayed at the don carlos about 15 years ago, it was lovely.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Just look for late deals to anywhere on the likes of TUI etc and see if anything floats your boat.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    ibizafan wrote: »

A very good hotel but quite expensive.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Search for the best value you can get for your budget, and then do a diy comparison.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure