Overcharged on every home delivery

Options
2»

Comments

• grandprix
    Options
    zombiebait wrote: »
    They could not tell me what I was overcharged for and I went it 3 times, it just did not add up it was surplus money added on. The lady on the phone admitted they knew this was happening
    If this was happening wide-scale, surely there would more than one post about it?

well here's another post about it - happened to me two years ago and got nowhere asking them to explain, then in the last couple of months again, now e-vouchers go missing if you amend and order that has one attached.
  • grandprix
    Options
    of course it must be happening "wide scale" or do you think they've just picked on us two ?
  • grandprix
    Options
    you might be forgiven in thinking that someone in accounts is skimming off thousands of £, with a 30p here, 50p there . . .
  • Ricfly22222
    Options
    Hello , I have also noticed in my recent Tesco home delivery overcharging. I am a housebound due to disabilties.
    I pay 6.99 a month for a delivery saver account but still need to pay an extra £4 surcharge on my delivery for deliveries under £40. But now there is another unaccounted £4 being added to my bills. I took the time to add up all the items on shop bill and deducted clubcard discounts and added the £4 surcharge but it does not match what I get as final invoiced bill from Tesco.
    Only noticed on.my last two bills but still waiting for Tesco to get back to me regarding why there is another unaccounted £4 on top of my bill.
    It soon amounts up as I had 70 deliveries this year.
    70  × £4 = £280 extra surcharge a year.

• unwina
    unwina Posts: 44 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 February 2021 at 1:42AM
    Options
    So i've always assumed our bills were correct, ignoring the fact its not easy to check the discounts etc as most do not flag them in the online order or the receipts etc. But recently i was not happy with the email receipt i got from ASDA - largely as there were quite a few substitutions and replacements in this shop. Also as we had purchased quite a few deals on the day so i thought i should check the receipt as best i could. When I found that the subtotal was not correct relative to the receipt i received I became a little bit concerned that the receipt may have faults in its presentation. I loaded the receipt as best i could into an excel spreadsheet and found it was over by 10p. 10p is not that much so I thought i must have made an error. Both myself and the wife then slowly checked each entry in the receipt to find that we had all the correct entries and still there was a 10p drift. Now 10p is not that much so asked if ASDA knew of any reasons why i may be finding this error but they culd not provide a satisfactory answer but decided to give me a 10p refund even though i had indicated i may be wrong. After quite a bit if back and forth I eventually decided to send an email to the CEO. It would seem that even asda staff on twitter suggested if i wanted a better explanation i should go throught CEo office - i've done it before with other companies but never had anyone suggest that i would be better off going through the CEO!. Cut a long story short now they asre suggesting its just an error in the receipt and the discounts i was due are correct and the final bill is correct. Thing is they still haven't explained why and whether its fixed. I've bounced the email back and asked why i should trust the receipt to be correct if they can't explain why its wrong. Has anyone else had this i'm guessing i am not alone here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback