Would i be eligible for a second student loan?

Help, I am very confused!

I started university in 2000 to study for a degree in midwifery, but unfortunately had to leave part of the way through due to ill health. At the time I was able to have part bursary / part student loan as the nhs only gave full bursaries for diphe courses not degree level courses. A few years later I transferred the credit I had gained from completing part of the course to the open university, and was able to complete the degree as what they class as an open degree (not a specific subject).

I have not been able to work since leaving the first course due to continuing ill health, but I would really like to be able to complete a degree in a specific subject part time with the open university. I am not sure if I would be eligible for a student loan for the course fees - the student finance website says it is possible if studying some courses -

engineering
computer science
technologies
medicine and allied subjects
biological sciences
agriculture and related subjects
physical sciences
mathematical sciences

I would like to study the health sciences degree offered by the open university - do you think this would be included in one of these categories?

I would be so grateful for any advice, or suggestions as to where I could look for more information.

Thankyou!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport