IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Toby Carvery Euro Car Park

Options
:mad:Hi all, I went to eat in Toby Carvery in South Croydon.
when you get there you punch in your vehicle reg to a computer which logs you're in the car park.
I then received a Notice to Keeper for £85 from Euro Car Parks saying i parked without permission. I called Toby Carvery but they said they could not assist. The card transaction at Toby Carvery just comes up as 'South Croydon' no mention of Toby Carvery. What should i do?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Read the NEWBIES thread.

There was no need for you to start a thread.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I'm not surprised at this it looks awful, maybe you should add to their discomfort with a review of your own.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Indeed, a few complaints on TripAdfvisor and the restaurant will soon align their ducks. Complain also to your MP. £100 is aridiculous sum for a minor human error. Also complain to your MP as nine times out of ten these tickets are scams

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

mb
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Egbert_Nobacon
    Options
    Try emailing Mr Phil Urban - CEO.

Politely explain your dissatisfaction that a genuine customer is being treated so poorly and the lack of help from the local staff.

Phil.Urban@mbplc.com

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family