Re the 30 day auto-relisting and now changed to 31........

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
2 replies 753 views
aileyailey Forumite
2.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had any insertion fees charged with the automatic relisting that EBay are now doing for the 30 days or is it working out okay now? After they made this crazy change which then meant with Buy it Now we couldn't choose 1,3,5,7,10 days and only 30 days, I changed my listings to Auction and added Best Offer and that allowed me to choose the shorter number of days. I'm now thinking of changing them back to Buy It now as my sales have been dreadful and only sell one item every 2-3 weeks but wouldn't like to be charged insertion fees. I hope some people can tell me that it's working out okay for them now that EBay have changed it to every 31 calendar days for auto-relisting. Many thanks. :)
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

Replies

• Pierre_De_GrenoblePierre_De_Grenoble Forumite
    477 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    eBay I believe have sorted out the 30/31 day thing.

IMHO (and others on here differ) this whole thing with GTC is just an eBay tactic to make people take up sponsored listings.

As GTC listings are 2 or 3 months in, I believe that they are automatically disappeared from search results and that eBay believe people will pay extra for sponsored exposure to get sales from those listings.

For what it's worth my eBay glass is always half empty and never half full.

I always use BIN and I arrange for my listings to finish early evening when I know I am close to the desk top. This means that I can finish my listings 10mins from the GTC renewal time.
    When you go to resubmit use "sell similar" this should put them up to eBay as "new" listings. I believe if you use "relist" they are demoted in search.
  • aileyailey Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. I always do use Sell Similar so maybe I can go back to changing my listings to BIN and hope that it works out okay. Very much appreciated. :)
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides