memory foam matresses

Options

Comments

• Greentea
    Greentea Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    Milko wrote: »
    I too can vouch for Starplan ... leave it til after Xmas & get it in the sale from memory ours was £999 down to £599 plus free matress protector & pillows (last year)

You'll find So-2-SleepNI factory shop in Bangor prices are less than that all year round. No need to wait for sales!
  • TITCH
    TITCH Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Bid Tv Do Memory Foam Wit Great Prices Its Worth A Look
  • barrymung
    barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    Just remember that a memory foam mattress is different to a memory foam mattress TOPPER!

A topper does what it says; sits on top of an existing mattress.

A memory foam mattress is a mattress made of memory foam on top of other stuff.

A mattress is far more expensive than a mere topper. However, it gives far more comfort; you will most likely be disappointed with a topper.
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    went to the factory shop in Bangor today. Had what i think is a good mattress for £500. Pocket sprung with a foam part. only problem is i really dont know if thats good price or not. He claims they sell at £900 in shops but i had never heard of the make before. anyone got an opinion?
  • webtalk
    webtalk Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    there are different qualities and densities of memory foam - it shows in their squishiness.

The fact that sprung bases are essential is incorrect. It is a matter of opinion - and possibly dependent on the quality of the memory foam and/or the base layer. Or, of course, it could be presented as being essential becuase sprung bases/mattresses are more expensive than ordinary foam.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    fredy34 wrote: »
    went to the factory shop in Bangor today. Had what i think is a good mattress for £500. Pocket sprung with a foam part. only problem is i really dont know if thats good price or not. He claims they sell at £900 in shops but i had never heard of the make before. anyone got an opinion?

Do you know the make and model of the mattress, also the size?
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Tim

no make/model. He said they make them themselves,
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    Tim

no make/model. He said they make them themselves,

So they couldn't tell you what they are called in other shops then?
  • Greentea
    Greentea Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options

£500 is a good price for a good memory foam mattress, but do you know the spring count it can be anything from 800 springs, then there is the thickness of the memory foam. It is usually recommended to have 2inches.

Did you try out the bed, a lot has to do with personal preference, what you have been used to.

Shop around, you will soon find out what is the best for you.
  • Lindsay-Lou
    Options
    I'm interested in memory foam for my bed as well. Would I be correct in saying that because I already have a decent pocket spung mattress a 2/2.5 ins topper would be a good buy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure