Refresh Renovations Nottingham has anyone used them

Hi,

I currently need the following doing in my 3 bedroom terraced house.

1) 5 windows need to be double glazed
2) Back boiler removed and Combi boiler put in Kitchen
3) Have kitchen roof which is leaking into kitchen whenever it rains so that needs fixing + all the wall needs replastering and possibly renovate the kitchen with new worktops
4) Garden to be concreted + new fence
5) Loft has not been converted fully still some space left which could be exploited
6) Radiator to replace the Gas heater once the back boiler is removed
7) After done all that will recarpet the whole house and new wallpaper In all the house

So a nice chap from Refresh Renovations came and he did measurements for windows and other various measurements for the other jobs listed above.

My questions are;

Has anyone Refresh Renovations before? What do you make of them?

How it will work is the chap from Refresh a Renovations will be the project manager and hire contractors on my behalf to do the various jobs, this will be less hassle for me but is it better to contact contractors direct to do the jobs?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Has anyone used Refresh Renovations before? What do you make of them?
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    A quick Google suggests that they're a project management outfit run on a franchise basis : https://www.refreshrenovationsfranchise.com/uk

I would imagine they find and hire the relevant tradespeople to do the work for you. Obviously they'll either charge a fee or take a cut - they have to make a bit for themselves. That's no bad thing in itself - maybe they get a better price for all the work they put to each trade. Yes, of course you could find tradespeople yourself, I guess you're paying for the convenience.

I haven't dug into it too deeply, but one crucial question would be "What happens if the tradesman makes a botch job of it ?". Will this outfit sort it out for you, do they offer guarantees on behalf of each tradesman, do they have insurance to cover precisely this situation ?

If they're a kosher outfit, I'd imagine they have a list of tradesmen who they've used regularly and trust to do a good job. But you'd need to do some digging yourself on this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure