M&S bank - applied and nothing since

Options
Applied for M&S bank current account with the intention to then switch a donor.

Did the application online over 2 weeks ago, told it was successful and had an email to the same effect.

But received absolutely nothing since. Is this a common experience? It is a bit worrying considering a credit check has been done but so far I have nothing. Beginning to remind me of the horrors of the Ulster Bank savings instant access fiasco a few years ago!

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are incredibly slow

And expect multiple letters , a request to phone them and so on .

Part of the way their vetting process works
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Again - they’re very slow.

I opened a credit card with them recently. Got accepted. About 4-6 weeks later I received my card and PIN.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Slow- yes
    I would be inclined to phone them and check on the progress- or not!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • SaverSal
    Options
    I had my first experience with M&S recently and as all the above are saying, they are painfully slow. After finally getting the current account opened, it took several telephone calls to start the switching process. I then applied for a regular saver with them, and that was declined as the switch needs to complete first. I am learning the art of patience.....
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SaverSal wrote: »
    I had my first experience with M&S recently and as all the above are saying, they are painfully slow. After finally getting the current account opened, it took several telephone calls to start the switching process. I then applied for a regular saver with them, and that was declined as the switch needs to complete first. I am learning the art of patience.....

One of the requisites for the M&S Bank regular saver is that you have switched to them... so I can understand why you had to wait for the switch to complete before you could open it. But otherwise I agree that they are painfully slow... although in my personal experience they were not as bad as First Direct or HSBC proper. Only required one phone call and a few weeks of waiting to get things up an running for me
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It will be worth the wait, after all very few offering 5% RS now (sadly!!)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure