Question about Clearscore/Equifax

Options
Hi, hopefully somebody here can be of assistance because Equifax support sure as hell aren't.

Last month when my Clearscore report was generated, my score dropped considerably (I know this doesn't mean much) but it was because my financial records had fallen off and my address history had reverted back to my previous address - for context, I have lived at my current address for a year and all was fine, until last month.

Now, I realise the data Clearscore hold is given to them by Equifax, and upon checking my Equifax report, everything is as it should be.

I have raised a few disputes with Clearscore/Equifax support and they have been absolutely zero help after repeated attempts. I don't particularly care about having access to my Clearscore report/score, but my only concern/question is - if everything is fine on my actual Equifax report, can I forget about Clearscore altogether? This is so frustrating as I am planning on applying for a mortgage within a few months.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 June 2019 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The only thing that matters, mortgage-wise is that your Statutory report from Equifax is accurate and full of positive data

I would still continue to pursue your disputes with Clearscore so that they are reporting correctly too, as it just handy having the ClearScore data always available.

Have you checked your Statutory files with the other two CRAs to ensure any data that a mortgage provider sees is accurate?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • frustratedfred
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I have checked the other two and they are absolutely fine - always have been.
    I will continue to attempt to get Clearscore sorted, but if I never manage to, it's not the end of the world, right?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you have got a statutory report from equifax and that is fine, then nothing to worry about, but keep on at clearscore, it will be just how their system interprets the data
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure