Using Co-op Bank rewards to get 5% of Amazon vouchers

Options
With the Co-op Bank rewards you get 5p each time you use your debit card, with a maximum of £1.50 per month, so needs to be used 30 times.

So I have set up an Amazon gift voucher top up of £1 daily, using my Co-Op debit card which automates the whole thing (except for 5-10p in February) to give me £365 worth of Amazon gift vouchers for £0.95x365 so 5% off per year!
Retired 1st July 2021.
This is not investment advice.
Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."

Comments

• quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Grrr, title typo
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

So I have set up an Amazon gift voucher top up of £1 daily, using my Co-Op debit card which automates the whole thing (except for 5-10p in February) to give me £365 worth of Amazon gift vouchers for £0.95x365 so 5% off per year!

I think a lot of us have enough Amazon Vouchers to last us for a while :D

I ( and probably others) have been getting this monthly reward for years, just putting low value purchases through checkout seperately, buying bread etc daily paying by that card.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't have a Co-Op account, but I used to take advantage of TSB's monthly cashback which operated similarly. I personally used to just buy whatever I needed on my credit card and then partially pay it off every month with 20x debit card transactions (£0.01, £0.02, £0.03, etc up to £0.20) to qualify for the cashback, and then let my DD pay off the rest of the balance. Used to spread them out over the first few days of the month to avoid TSB flagging them as suspicious (although after a few months it probably started to form a pattern so might not have been suspicious anymore!). I do like the automated aspect of this approach - would work every month except Feb though!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't have a Co-Op account, but I used to take advantage of TSB's monthly cashback which operated similarly. I personally used to just buy whatever I needed on my credit card and then partially pay it off every month with 20x debit card transactions (£0.01, £0.02, £0.03, etc up to £0.20) to qualify for the cashback, and then let my DD pay off the rest of the balance. Used to spread them out over the first few days of the month to avoid TSB flagging them as suspicious (although after a few months it probably started to form a pattern so might not have been suspicious anymore!). I do like the automated aspect of this approach - would work every month except Feb though!

I do something similar with my Co-op card through my Barclaycard app. However, I wouldn't risk making payments of £0.01. Mine are usually £50 - £100. But I do occasionally have some very large CC bills:p
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    Options
    You could just pay into a savings account like PO using debit card.
    Personally i tend to use mine quite a bit for the odd loaf of bread, box of eggs, carton of milk and various small sundries. I tend to get 20-30 in during month which using contactess is far easier than typing in card details
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Every month I make 30 payments of 5p onto my capitalone credit card to secure my £1.50 of Coop everyday rewards. Seems much easier than remembering to make 30 small purchases
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure