New Post Advanced Search

Advice re kitchen installation

3 replies 607 views
blueyeblueye Forumite
320 posts
Hi I have an American fridge freezer that is 908 wide I’m not sure what to buy to box it in as I don’t want a 1000 bridging unit as the gaps would be to big...I was thinking I could get end panels to go on the sides of the two tall units that will be either side of the F/F would this work?
Also do I need to buy end panels for cupboards either side of a Belfast sink?
And is it acceptable to ask Fitter’s for quotes when I haven’t bought it yet or will they think I’m wasting their time?


  • DoozergirlDoozergirl Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    What goes over the fridge freezer? It's unlikely to be as tall as the units. The fitter could do something with filler panels under a 1000mm bridging unit, but depending on the range that your supplier offers, there could be different ways of bridging the gap.

    I would buy end panels for the belfast sink. Actually, I don't buy proper belfast sinks as I think they're impractical and there are too many places for water to sit, but end panels either side will keep edges to a minimum. If people want ceramic sinks, we usually buy inset ones.

    You can speak to fitters now - they'll actually help you with what might be sensible, after all, they'll be more experienced with the little tricks than you are.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • blueyeblueye Forumite
    320 posts
    Tall units are 1245 high F/F is 1790 high and the bridging unit to go on top of the F/F is 360 high I thought if I added a tall end panel to both tall units that would give enough room for the F/F to fit in if I got a 900 bridging unit....I think the panels are 18mm thick so would leave a 936 space in the middle F/F is 908 wide so there would be a 14mm gap down either side rather than a 46mm gap that a 1000 bridging unit would leave.
    Thanks for the advice regarding the Belfast sink panels,...i know they’re impractical but really love the look of them so I’ll be extra careful when I wash up haha
  • jenniferniljennifernil Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I would go for the wider bridging unit, give the fridge more ventilation around it and easier to move it into place, and out if necessary at any point.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support