PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Washing up liquid

Options
13»

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, please rinse washing up!

My dad used to work in the oil refining industry. Detergents used in washing up liquid are derived from oil. Dad was adamant that we must rinse the washing up, because, he said, the residue was potentially harmful. Rinse, leave to dry naturally. Simples. Safe.

Totally agree with others who say just use minimum amt to remove grease. If I only have a couple of things to washup I put a couple of drops of wu liquid on dish sponge, scrub items and then pour over a little boiling water to activate wu liquid and rinse off residue all in one go. We have thoroughly clean dishes but use little wu liquid. Saves using too much hot water too.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I now use Aldi or Lidl washing up liquid. Long ago I used Fairy and found it really difficult not to use too much. Solution was to dilute it by 50%.

And I’m with the rinsers ...
  • katiepants
    katiepants Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just do the washing up then leave to air dry on the drainer (I hate tea towels, so gross)

Yes, stuff is soapy when it gets put on the drainer, but the majority runs off along with the water. The only thing I rinse before using is glasses.
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport