What Listing have you had removed and why?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
21 replies 2.3K views

Replies

• perfect10perfect10 Forumite
    411 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭
    Some stamps from Persia, apparently anything made or originating from Persia/Iran is banned. I did point out to ebay that there were hundreds of other listings selling the same and also selling Persian rugs and I was told that if someone let's them know then they will investigate and remove. So I can only think someone didn't like my listing and informed ebay?
    Entering a few comps here and there 2020 seems my best year for wins so far:- iphone xs, limited edition whiskey, Masha and the Bear toys, newborn baby stuff, 3 x books, 12 months membership to diet app, bottle of syrup, Baby Shark singing puppet, children’s book, Nasty vegan shake x 2 packs.
  • mimi1234mimi1234 Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A stop smoking product which got taken off because it had tobacco in or something random. Funny thing was I only listed it because there were about 50 other listings with the same product. Their listings remained though. Unsure how it works unless only some people are allowed to sell them and others aren't.
  • goodfella66goodfella66 Forumite
    310 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Records by Shakin Stevens and Michelle Shocked. Completely legitimate releases on proper record labels but deemed to be illegal through petty political shenanigans (Shocked) or pure greed (Stevens).

I wish I thought of doing what General Applause did further up this thread.
  • emmbrookemmbrook Forumite
    184 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    A dvd (genuine issue) of Leni Riefenstahl’s ‘Triumph of the Will’ (and as shown on I think BBC or maybe C4) for glorifying the nazis.

Sold it on Amazon instead.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An empty designer box.

It seems I needed to use the word 'vintage' even if it wasn't

Madness
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A necklace with brown and ivory coloured resin beads and featuring an elephant shaped charm....
    yes, you guessed it , I had a message from a real live human who told me I !should ! not ! sell ! ivory !!!!! and who refused to accept that the word 'ivory' only referred to the pale cream colour.

No problems at all when I described the resin beads as 'off white' when I re-listed it a while later.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • charlies_mumcharlies_mum Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    luxor4t wrote: »
    A necklace with brown and ivory coloured resin beads and featuring an elephant shaped charm....
    yes, you guessed it , I had a message from a real live human who told me I !should ! not ! sell ! ivory !!!!! and who refused to accept that the word 'ivory' only referred to the pale cream colour.

No problems at all when I described the resin beads as 'off white' when I re-listed it a while later.

There are people out there with far too much time on their hands. I once received a message from someone pointing out that I had misspelled February
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    they kicked off when I listed my Homing pigeon for the 24th time
  • kangoorakangoora Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I had a listing pulled for trademark for using the word Portaloo as it was a registered copyright.

The item for sale - a small Playmobil building site set with a portaloo (sorry, portable toilet) in it
  • vacheronvacheron Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    I had a listing for a game console cartridge pulled a few months back because it could apparently be used to allow the console to play copied games.

I didn't have the faintest idea as I was selling it on behalf of my 70 year old mum! :rotfl:
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals