A&L 6.5% eSaver

Options
  • Save between £1 and £75,000
  • Watch your savings grow with interest earned daily and paid monthly
  • 24/7 access to your savings with our secure, award winning Internet Banking
  • No interest is earned on the account balance in any month in which a withdrawal is made :rolleyes:
DirectSaver Max now £150,000
Earn 6.30% AER (variable) on balances between £1,000 - £150,000. Interest is earned daily and paid monthly. No interest is earned on the account balance in any month in which a withdrawal is made. :rolleyes:

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Time to open one of these and transfer the contents of my DirectSaver over to the eSaver on December 1. Seems to be exactly the same account apart from the upper limit to me but with higher interest.

Edit: Ah...
    Earn 6.50% AER (variable) - includes a 0.35% bonus payable until 31 January 2009
    From: http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/savings/index.asp?page=esaver&ct=savingshome
  • equitydealer
    Options
    Shows that the likes of A&L need to raise funds because of the credit crunch, good news for savers :D
  • MickKnipfler
    Options
    Is this the best deal about? I'm currently with Sainsburys at 6.25%
  • andrew164
    Options
    I've just opened a DirectSaver. With the savings I've got it means I'll earn £31.56 less per year than if I opened an eSaver.

Don't know if I can be bothered.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Think I'll transfer the untouched cash I have sitting in my A&L OnlineTracker account over to one of these :)
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    andrew164 wrote: »
    I've just opened a DirectSaver. With the savings I've got it means I'll earn £31.56 less per year than if I opened an eSaver.

Opening up an account with A+L if you already have an account with them is usually very easy to do online. For a few mouse clicks, I would not mind earning £31.56.

Thanks to the original poster - I too will move my DirectSaver funds into one of these accounts.
  • The_Fiddler_2
    Options
    Yup time to transfer from 6.3 to 6.5 :D
    Noobie (not so :D) trying to make loads a dosh - please bear with all my questions :beer: Thanks :D

• khalid
    khalid Posts: 86 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just read this on their website:

"It takes 24 hours to transfer money between your eSaver and an Alliance & Leicester current account"

I'm sure with the DirectSaver, the transfer was instant (correct me if I am wrong)
    andrew164 wrote: »

Only took me a couple of minutes to apply for the new eSaver account. Once accepted, the new account will appear online after 3 days. Therefore, it is definitely worth the hassle. However, for those of you who are non-tax payers like me, make sure you fill in a new R85 form for the eSaver account. This is because an R85 form has to be filled in for each A&L account so that no tax is taken off. Here's a link

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/faqs/index.asp?page=savings

If you want to save postage, just hand in the R85 form to your local branch, considering:

"We will not acknowledge receipt of this form"

Can't wait to transfer the money on the 1st of December. Was thinking of moving it all into my ICICI account!

:j
    "If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart"
  • Liz_the_Whizz
    Options
    As I already have a linked A&L current account and a Directsaver, this looks a good option.

I just opened an eSaver in a matter of minutes.

Question is this - 1 December is a Saturday, so what do I do about timing the transfer from my DirectSaver to minimise loss of interest?

Do I just go ahead on the 1st regardless?
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Sir Winston Churchill)
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Interest gets paid on the first so it should all be in the account on Dec 1 ready to be moved. If you call them up then there is no limit on the amount you can transfer (the online limit is 20k I think).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure