New Post Advanced Search

PIP and divorce

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
1 reply 2K views
live'n'learnlive'n'learn Forumite
412 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
Hi guys,

I was not sure if I should post this or not. I am separated from my wife now for neatly 3 years and from the start we both agreed on how much I should give to her and my daughter every month and I have kept my word.

My question is would my wife be entitled to any of my PIP disability money with the divorce?

I have a motability car at the moment but thinking of not having it for a while so I can try to be better of financially

I am just concerned the money I will save nor having the car my wife might want even though I have been more than fair with her.

Thanks in advance.

John

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    9.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    livenlearn wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was not sure if I should post this or not. I am separated from my wife now for neatly 3 years and from the start we both agreed on how much I should give to her and my daughter every month and I have kept my word.

My question is would my wife be entitled to any of my PIP disability money with the divorce?

I have a motability car at the moment but thinking of not having it for a while so I can try to be better of financially

I am just concerned the money I will save nor having the car my wife might want even though I have been more than fair with her.

Thanks in advance.

John
    That PIP award is yours to help with the extra cost of having a disability, it's not your wife's money and never will be.