Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank to rebrand as Virgin Money by the end of 2021 - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
10 replies 2.2K views
MSE_CallumMSE_Callum Forumite
696 Posts
Third Anniversary 10 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, as well as app-based bank B, will all be rebranded as Virgin Money by the end of 2021...
Read the full story:
'Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank to rebrand as Virgin Money by the end of 2021'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Clydesdale Bank issues banknotes in Scotland. Surely they're not going to be Virgin Money notes? I think it's a shame the noble Clydesdale and Yorkshire brands will be disappearing in favour of the brash Richard Branson inspired brand.
  • Wheres_My_CashbackWheres_My_Cashback Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    scgf wrote: »
    Clydesdale Bank issues banknotes in Scotland. Surely they're not going to be Virgin Money notes? I think it's a shame the noble Clydesdale and Yorkshire brands will be disappearing in favour of the brash Richard Branson inspired brand.

Couldn't really give a XXXX what they're called as long as they have decent interest paying accounts which compared to most they do.
    Nostalgia doesn't put pennies in my pocket, moving with the times does.
    The Virgin brand is worth considerably more than either Clydesdale/Yorkshire and is likely to attract a much higher 'footfall' for them.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    scgf wrote: »

The Clydesdale brand will still be used for Sterling notes - however, given how Brexit is going, I think that it may be a moot point anyway.

Clydesdale Bank plc can use the Virgin Money brand much the same way they do with Yorkshire & B currently.
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    The Clydesdale brand will still be used for Sterling notes - however, given how Brexit is going, I think that it may be a moot point anyway.

Clydesdale Bank plc can use the Virgin Money brand much the same way they do with Yorkshire & B currently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-48687385
    I have been told they are to continue issuing Clydesdale Bank notes, not Virgin Money bank notes - don't worry there will not be notes with Richard Branson's face, which some folk thought might be the case.

:rotfl:
  • MDMDMDMD Forumite
    962 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    New VM logo too. Wonder how much they paid someone to think up putting the Virgin logo as the ‘O’ in Money

https://www.cybg.com/wcm-media/CYBG-2019-Capital-Markets-Day-Presentation-FINAL-190619.pdf
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see they are planning to "launch a rewards based [new] Virgin Money personal current account with competitive linked savings offering". Soft launch end of 2019, full launch 1H 2020. There's nothing in the presentation that talks about incentives for people to switch to VM, but here's hoping :cool:
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope now Virgin have had their current account running for several years their new one can be run as a full online account as their current one is still restricted.

Not really complaining but it would be nice to be able to move money and set up standing orders.
  • MDMDMDMD Forumite
    962 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope now Virgin have had their current account running for several years their new one can be run as a full online account as their current one is still restricted.

Not really complaining but it would be nice to be able to move money and set up standing orders.

I believe they will all be switched via the CASS to what is essentially a rebadged ‘B’ current account. So this should become a fully functional account.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s all been very slow moving so far, you’ll more than likely rebrand B first.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • quirkydeptlessquirkydeptless Forumite
    1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    MDMD wrote: »
    New VM logo too. Wonder how much they paid someone to think up putting the Virgin logo as the ‘O’ in Money

https://www.cybg.com/wcm-media/CYBG-2019-Capital-Markets-Day-Presentation-FINAL-190619.pdf

Yuck, that logo is horrible, the wonky M hurts my brain.
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides