Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th June 2019 - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th June 2019

edited 20 June 2019 at 8:54PM in Old Style MoneySaving
87 replies 4.8K views

Replies

• ionafanionafan Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :wave:

Ouch, Honey Bear!

To do today (includes some items carried forward from yesterday):

- [STRIKE]email school[/STRIKE] and family
    - [STRIKE]Call Protect instructions labels for phone handsets [/STRIKE]
    - print forms
    - letters to D and J
    - Post Office and corner shop (avoided queue last night!)
    - 60 Thank you letters
    - read 4 chapters and skim commentary
    - check family history printouts
    - mow and edge lawn
    - plant out beans
    - tidy back borders

DH wants my help to load the old TV into his car so that he can dispose of it :D
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far
    Ironing done an d away
    Machine walk done
    Food shop done and away
    Email to accountant answered and sorted for now
    Thinking of a bike ride...............while the sun is out.
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, TFI Friday and it's SUNNY! Another day at the paid stuff but a 2pm finish today. I have already set the WM going with a load of whites, emptied the dishwasher, WUDUPA a few bits and fed the dog. Now to make myself look presentable for the day!

Amazing, and all by 5.49am. *respect*
    (((Hugs))) for Dancemum and Mrs MP.

I sort of cooked last night but OH had to help me finish it off. I vacuumed the stairs this morning, got the washing in, put another load through the WM and did more tidying.

Also went to the dentist; there's an emergency filling on the tooth and I've got the Temazepam for use in 12 days time. It has to come out. I cheered myself up by buying three tops and a necklace in my favourite clothes shop called The Cut Label, which makes things I like very affordable.

Now to do two sets of minutes and then crack on with something fun.
    Keeping it AF
  • BadCat18BadCat18 Forumite
    731 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi all

Feeling rough today, have managed to drag myself through the paid stuff but it was a slog. Managed WM x 1 and dried on the line and a quick swipe of en suite but that’s it.... rest of it will have to be postponed until tomorrow although the house not looking too bad. DH will be dispatched to do the shop later this evening or in the morning.

Here’s hoping tomorrow is better...

Bye for now x
  • ionafanionafan Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you letters done (2 different templates, personalised, printed, then topped and tailed by hand; envelope addressed by hand) = Frog eaten :T:j:D
    Lawn mown but not edged
    Forms delivered
    Corner shop visited
    Downstairs is tidy, upstairs looks better than it did yesterday.
    Things laid out ready for trip to Cathedral City tomorrow.

G'night all :)
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • BadCat18BadCat18 Forumite
    731 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning all

Feeling better to day, have a list to tackle!
    WM x 1 swishing, I think that might be the first of many loads today, the forecast is nice and I want to get some throws and cushion covers washed as well, may well run out of line space before I run out of washing but will see how I go!
    Parcel to take to post office
    DH will do the supermarket shop
    Whole house needs a vac and a dust
    Lawn needs cutting
    General tidy in garden
    Make banana bread as have some bananas in the bowl that are well past their best!

Right, finish tea first and then shower and get on with it! Have a lovely day all x
  • roundtuitroundtuit Forumite
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning :wave:

It's the first day of a week's Annual Leave :T I've been on my knees energy-wise for the past fortnight so paid work has been the priority spoon-wise and the house is even more :eek: than usual. Seriously cringe-worthy :o

However, DS is safely (I hope) ensconced in Bulgaria for the week so there's just me and Sweetie home alone and fluttering and flying is on the agenda. I showed my intent my sloshing bleach down the loo before I went to bed last night :D

It'll be teeny tiny baby steps today as I haven't magically re-energised over night - first job is to sort Mount Washmore in to separate loads. I say Mount Washmore - but I think I'm looking at the Himalaya of all laundry piles :eek: And that's before I've scooped up DS's floordrobe and stripped his bed. At least I'm excited about getting stuck in and not feeling overwhelmed ;)

I'll set the first load swishing, go up and get washed and dressed, then bring down the floordrobe and bedding. Weather forecast has been checked and is favourable.

Seconds out. Round one. :D

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning

Machine walk done

Odd atmosphere in house at the moment, it feels like I have done something wrong, all I 'think' I did was asked OH and house guest what they would like to eat tonight, I would rather cook something they like and something they will eat just because I cooked it.............neither could make thier minds up, so I said I would cook mac and cheese, I know they both hate it, so now one wants chilli, the other soup and rolls...........

Kitchen is done
    Off out volunteering for a couple of hours.

Have a good day
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• roundtuitroundtuit Forumite
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Got a bit carried away - I'm having a sit down with a cool drink!

Mount Washmore sorted in to loads
    Emptied DS's overnight bag and added to loads
    Towels/tea towels are swishing.
    Washed and dressed. Teeth not cleaned*
    Opened curtains and window in DS's room
    Rubbish put out and bin bags replaced
    Mountain of cardboard recycled
    Birds fed
    Clean laundry folded and airer put away

Didn't bring down floordrobe and bedding - traded them for DS's dressing gown, 3 drinks bottles, an empty can and an Easter egg box.

*Toothpaste appears to have gone on holiday to Bulgaria :rotfl: New tube of toothpaste, new soap and pack of t rolls placed at foot of stairs ready for next time I go up.

I can see kitchen floor and draining board now. :T

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Flying was on the list for today but then I saw that it wasn’t raining! As I am back on stables taxi duties after a couple of months off, I am going to do a few things in the garden this morning until summoned to leave. Flying may happen later... it’s bathrooms so I know that I need to do it, and also that I can procrastinate with the best! Ironing pile is also in danger of toppling.
    WM just finished so I am going to hang that outside first. Oh and make another cuppa. Procrastinate, me?:D