»

The MoneySavingIdiot reclaims £80 - by going through old emails

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

The MoneySavingIdiot reclaims £80 - by going through old emails

edited 13 June 2019 at 7:07PM in Consumer Rights
5 replies 1.4K views
MSE_KelvinMSE_Kelvin MSE Staff
113 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 13 June 2019 at 7:07PM in Consumer Rights
Right, some of you know the drill by now, but if you don't, here it is. While being a writer at MSE means I help other people save money, when it comes to my own cash, I'm usually in a right muddle. But now I'm looking to unmuddle myself and in the process motivate fellow MoneySavingIdiots. Previously I've covered train delays, overseas travel and credit scores. This week: reclaiming cash (kind of).

Read the full blog: The MoneySavingIdiot reclaims £80 - by going through old emails

Replies

• TakmonTakmon Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    MSE_Kelvin wrote: »
    Right, some of you know the drill by now, but if you don't, here it is. While being a writer at MSE means I help other people save money, when it comes to my own cash, I'm usually in a right muddle. But now I'm looking to unmuddle myself and in the process motivate fellow MoneySavingIdiots.

Considering a member of staff is using the term "MoneySavingIdiot" on this forum and referring to other members of the forum i'm assuming this is now an acceptable term to call people on here ;) .

I wonder how long it is until i get banned :rotfl:
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takmon wrote: »
    Considering a member of staff is using the term "MoneySavingIdiot" on this forum and referring to other members of the forum i'm assuming this is now an acceptable term to call people on here ;) .

I wonder how long it is until i get banned :rotfl:

I agree,

idiot
    /ˈɪdɪət/

noun
    INFORMAL
    a stupid person.
    synonyms: fool, !!!, halfwit, nincompoop, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clod; More
    ARCHAIC
    a person of low intelligence.
  • JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading the just eat story it seems to imply the author drank a bit too much, ordered a pizza and then passed out. They have then complained that they didn’t receive the pizza and demanded a refund.

The chances seem quite high that the author didn’t hear the pizza guy turn up so it seems slightly unfair to demand a refund for something that sounds like it was there own fault!
  • phillwphillw Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is barely any better than "make thousands from banks by looking at your account balance."
  • TakmonTakmon Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a "Yellow Card" for using your term Kelvin; can you have a talk with your mates at MSE towers and sort this out for me ;)
    Dear Takmon,

You have received an infraction from the MSE Forum Team.

Type: Yellow Card
    We've removed another post of yours, further similar reports could lead to a two week loss of posting privileges.
    We don't monitor or reply to private messages to this inbox. If you have a query please email [email protected]
    there is now an officially approved MSE term for people like you. You sir are a "moneysavingidiot

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and a further Yellow Card will result in a Red Card. If you receive a Red Card, you will be banned for two weeks. Any further infraction could result in your posting privileges being permanently removed.

Original Post:

Regards,

MSE Forum Team

:rotfl: