Comments

• dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    @WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:
    I hope @aralexiao doesn't mind this diversion

Some organisations do treat the older person with extra care if they are on their priority services list (which is used for people with all sorts of vulnerabilities).

I am registered with a few banks where a person over 60 qualifies, you are then given a priority telephone number which enables you to get straight through and get real customer service. It is worth investigating if your bank etc operates a priority services scheme.

Given they haven't posted since 2019 I'm not sure we need to worry about what they think. Just being courteous  :)

Extra care doesn't mean they will waive KYC requirements. Well they will want to confirm your identity which is standard practice, as if you were logging in, but after that they will treat you as if you're royalty, at least that's my experience. In the case of Halifax and Lloyds they have issued me with a 6-digit security number.
    Thanks Will ... Comments answered in bold.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,481 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2023 at 4:22PM
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    @WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:

Some organisations do treat the older person with extra care if they are on their priority services list (which is used for people with all sorts of vulnerabilities).

I am registered with a few banks where a person over 60 qualifies, you are then given a priority telephone number which enables you to get straight through and get real customer service. It is worth investigating if your bank etc operates a priority services scheme.

Given they haven't posted since 2019 I'm not sure we need to worry about what they think. Just being courteous  :)

Extra care doesn't mean they will waive KYC requirements. Well they will want to confirm your identity which is standard practice, as if you were logging in, but after that they will treat you as if you're royalty, at least that's my experience. In the case of Halifax and Lloyds they have issued me with a 6-digit security number.
    If Santander's KYC process involves asking those questions, those questions will be asked. Note that not all customers have to go through this (I'm a Santander as well as Lloyds and Halifax customer, amongst others, and I never have).
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:
    @WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:

If Santander's KYC process involves asking those questions, those questions will be asked. Note that not all customers have to go through this (I'm a Santander as well as Lloyds and Halifax customer, amongst others, and I never have).
    It's just a matter of time. If they can ask these questions of a long standing customer, then what do you think they might require from all the recent account holders? 
    KYC makes me laugh. With all the branch closures, they are moving further from away KYC. Now it's more like Interogate YC, at a distance.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,481 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2023 at 5:22PM
    Options
    WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:
    @WillPS said:
    dealyboy said:

It's just a matter of time. If they can ask these questions of a long standing customer, then what do you think they might require from all the recent account holders? 
    KYC makes me laugh. With all the branch closures, they are moving further from away KYC. Now it's more like Interogate YC, at a distance.

I don't fear it at all, but I suspect the fact I applied relatively recently might mean that they have a record of more information about me than they do a customer who's been with one of their subsidiaries for 50 years. There will be a strong record of all the checks they did at the point I applied but less so someone who nipped in to a branch of Leicester Building Society in the 60s.

I was merely pointing out that saying one is a vulnerable customer and has not been asked these questions is not evidence that being recorded as vulnerable exempts one from ever having to undergo KYC related checks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback