Options
2»

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    I know - it's terrible - telling the truth these days gets you nothing but trouble.

OP applied for a card, was impatient and didn't follow it up correctly, then applied for a second card, received 2 cards, didn't think to cancel one and went on a spending spree with both cards.

I totally see how Aqua are at fault here..... :rotfl:
    Aqua obviously do not agree with you. Otherwise they would not have refunded the interest and removed the default. It is good that Aqua recognised that the duplication of the account was their responsibility. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Debtfreestudentnurse
    Options
    I wasn’t impatient. I didn’t get a response either way do waited 10 days before applying again.

I then received two cards within a week.

My ‘spending spree’ involved clearing childcare’s fees, enabling me to carry on studying.

It must be fab to have never been in a desperate position before.
  • Vikipollard
    Vikipollard Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I wasn’t impatient. I didn’t get a response either way do waited 10 days before applying again.

I then received two cards within a week.

My ‘spending spree’ involved clearing childcare’s fees, enabling me to carry on studying.

It must be fab to have never been in a desperate position before.

What would you have done if they hadn't sent you two cards?
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In a recent post OP you say you are able to save £1500-£2000 per month. You are in a really good position to repay all of the money you borrowed. Most people on this forum are working hard to repay their debts and would love to be in the same position as you.
  • Debtfreestudentnurse
    Options
    And I’ve worked my backside off to be able to do so!

Sorry for wanting to provide for my family.
  • RecentPost
    RecentPost Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lets not forget the sub forum header "Pls remember Debt-Free Wannabe's for support and help not judgement".
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you can afford to save £2000 per month then you clearly can provide for your family and also clear your debts. Step up to your responsibility and stop blaming other people. You'll get such a sense of pride knowing you've paid back the cash you borrowed. I know this because I cleared my debts through hard work and determination.
  • Debtfreestudentnurse
    Options
    I’m clearing my debts. I’m not paying the added interest. There’s a difference.

Aqua have admitted they were irresponsible, and refunded the interest I had paid, yet you think I should pay it again anyway?!

Crazy.
  • muhandis
    muhandis Posts: 994 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done OP!

Without even going to the FOS, Aqua rolled over and admitted to a complaint of "irresponsible lending" as defined by the financial regulators in the country.

Great result.
    I had, and defaulted on two Aqua credit cards, and made a claim for irresponsible lending.

They have upheld my complaint, and are refunding £502 in interest and removing the default from my account :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure