orange local call number

Options
13»

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use TTNC for my business numbers and they have an adult with a pulse to speak to when you have a query

I have transferred landline number to them and also transferred non-landline (virtual numbers) to them so they do both.

But, are they able to rescue your 'orange' number?
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    I use TTNC for my business numbers and they have an adult with a pulse to speak to when you have a query

I have transferred landline number to them and also transferred non-landline (virtual numbers) to them so they do both.
    i to use ttnc for other numbers great service at present they cannot port this number they were my first call
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 June 2019 at 9:09AM
    Options
    Doesn’t help the OP, but a little while ago Ofcom stated they were looking at number portability, as at present, porting from one company to another depends on the losing company to remain in business , and obviously although Ofcom can dictate that licensed company’s have to port numbers on request ( something that certain company’s don’t seem to adhere to ) they cannot ‘make’ a company continue to trade, and given Ofcom’s primary reason to exist is to promote competition, the consequence of that ultimately is, businesses failing, or making so little that continuing makes no business sense.
    As others have pointed out ‘Orange’ as a brand doesn’t really exist anymore, so what can Ofcom threaten them with ?, withdrawal of a licence they don’t need ?

Many years ago (probably decades) a company ( may have been ‘Mercury’ ) stopped trading , leaving 1000’s of customers facing disconnection , BT at the time stepped in and provided those customers with service, but that was when there was only really BT and VM as major players , these days I doubt BT would intervene or if Ofcom asked would probably refuse ( given that if BT took over the number range many would then simply port to someone else ) that seems to be why Ofcom are looking at the whole portability process
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    orange have now agreed to move my contract over to ee:j
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure