edited 4 June 2019 at 12:20PM in Debt Free Diaries
35 replies 2.4K views
124»

Replies

• teafor2teafor2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning PrincessP :) Hope you gran is OK and will be back home soon.

School fairs bring back memories - good and bad :rotfl: Actually, I think it's nice for parents to be involved in their children's school, but a bit of advice from somebody who knows, be careful you don't end up being the person that does everything. ;)

£10 each sounds a lot but I know how quickly you can get through money at things like this. Long gone are the days of 20p stalls and being happy with a bit of profit, it's definitely a money making exercise these days :o

Lots to weigh up regarding the job but well done on getting the interview. Have a great day. xx
  • princesspenniesprincesspennies Forumite
    55 Posts
    First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Morning PrincessP :) Hope you gran is OK and will be back home soon.

School fairs bring back memories - good and bad :rotfl: Actually, I think it's nice for parents to be involved in their children's school, but a bit of advice from somebody who knows, be careful you don't end up being the person that does everything. ;)

£10 each sounds a lot but I know how quickly you can get through money at things like this. Long gone are the days of 20p stalls and being happy with a bit of profit, it's definitely a money making exercise these days :o

Lots to weigh up regarding the job but well done on getting the interview. Have a great day. xx

Hi T2T :j,

The weather has been awful today so i've everything crossed it's rained off :rotfl: I thought I could give them a fiver each but the bouncy castle is usually £3 so we woudln't get very far... I don't mind so much helping one day or the other but reality has sunk in that this is practically going to be my whole weekend :eek:

As for the interview, expierence is good and was on a day off so I'm taking it as a "win win" if im offered the position or not. Should no mid next week....Gran came sent home today, whether thats a good or bad thing we aren't qutite sure yet but she is feeling slightly better (maybe not enough to be home) x
  • princesspenniesprincesspennies Forumite
    55 Posts
    First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Morning all !! :j

It's lovely here this morning, I'm dying to get some washing out but there's a weather warning out for rain from dinner time lol so I will resist.:rotfl:

It's been a spendy weekend at the school fayre as predicted, I was running the kids tombola and was there from 10 till 3.30 :eek: I also had to go down for to help set up for a few hours Saturday...I did get a few bits to put away for Christmas for the kids though so I was really pleased as they are all brand new in packaging and cost next to nothing !! :money:

The karma must of kicked in from me helping out as I have been offered the job I mentioned last week...they did say I wouldn't find out until mid week but had a few interviews Friday and tried calling me from then onwards so I'm really pleased but slightly nervous. The director is on holiday from Wednesday so they are going to get me an offer letter out today/tomorrow. I am due to get my gallbladder removed on 3rd july, which I told them about at the interview and they understood so wouldn't actually start for another 6 weeks if I accept.

Financially, it's better money but means going back to work full-time 8-5 (breakfast club for the kids now also) I would start the first day of the 6 weeks holidays :eek: so would need to get all the holiday cover organized too....I also need to get a car sorted so it's a lot to think about. My first instinct was to run out and get a car on finance if I accept it but my son's dad has a big Hyundai ix35 and works down the road so has agreed short term if I buy a run around that we can trade during the week for a few months so I can get a decent deposit/payment sorted.

My mum and dad are trading there car in on Friday and only getting £600, worth so much more but it's Arnold Clark so going to try see if I can get that off them :rotfl:

Sorry for the rant, my head is a shed at the moment X
  • lightbulbtimelightbulbtime Forumite
    31 Posts
    Hi PrincessPennies,

Just stopped by to say hello. Keep going, you seem to be making good progress very quickly.

LightBulbTime
  • DancingInTheRainDancingInTheRain Forumite
    878 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the job offer x
    01.06.19 Debt £13,636
    Debt Free 25.07.20
    Started again 31.12.21 - WWOTW: £59,875 (Mortgage/CC/Student Loan)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides