Esa reassessment

Hi my daughter is 21 and has autism. She is receiving high rate Pip and esa in the support group. She recently got a part time job in a cafe just cleaning tables and taking out orders. She has a esa medical assessment soon even though she has been receiving it for 2 years. Is this because she has a job now and also will she be penalised for working. We got the permitted work form signed by her support worker. She only does 15 hours so is under the threshold.

Any advice would be great and what questions will they ask her. She also has selective mutism so I usually have to speak for her.

Thanks

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    fifi50 wrote: »
    Hi my daughter is 21 and has autism. She is receiving high rate Pip and esa in the support group. She recently got a part time job in a cafe just cleaning tables and taking out orders. She has a esa medical assessment soon even though she has been receiving it for 2 years. Is this because she has a job now and also will she be penalised for working. We got the permitted work form signed by her support worker. She only does 15 hours so is under the threshold.

Any advice would be great and what questions will they ask her. She also has selective mutism so I usually have to speak for her.

Thanks
    They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months so it's perfectly normal. However, when doing permitted work if the work contradicts the reasons for your claim then it can go against you when next re-assessed.

Make sure you send evidence to support her claim because they very rarely contact anyone for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure