Holiday Travel Money Help!

Options
I am going travelling in July to: New Zealand, Bora Bora, Australia and Bali.

My current plan is to spend as much as I can on either my Monzo card or my Barclaycard Overseas Spending Card. However, I need cash and I am going to get travel money for Bora Bora and Bali as my assumption is that they are more likely to only accept cash.

My question is in 2 parts. 1, anyone that has been to any of these places, do I need cash, and if so how much? and 2, if I need cash for Australia and New Zealand am I better to get it before I travel, or use the ATMs there using my Monzo card (£200 limit) and Barclaycard (free overseas cash withdrawls)?

Comments

• EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    I would go for https://www.starlingbank.com/travel/ over Monzo, simply because they don't have that ridiculously low cash limit. If you have a problem with the Barclaycard Platinum Travel/Cashback Plus whilst travelling, you won't be in a good position.

You don't need cash for Oz or NZ, nor Bali. Have never been to Bora Bora, but by the sound of it, you may need a VISA card, so you are covered by the Barclaycard.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any necessary cash can be taken from ATMs, including at arrival airports. I've no recent experience of Tahiti but it's probably the same there these days.
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport