Panel Base Surveys- please check your account!

If this is in the wrong place, please move it! I wanted to post this as important to act on fast in case anyone else loses out as I have.

I was a member of Panel Base surveys for a number of years. Had rated them as one of the better survey sites to sign up to and had always paid for their surveys in full. I had until now always held back on cashing out my credit because I wanted to save up to a larger amount.

To save a long story, I went to check my account having realised I had no surveys from them for a long time. I was really sad to see my account- though still standing, had all it's credits cancelled. I had over £70 in credits which if anyone has even looked at survey sites will know; that amount took years to get to.

The reason- I have been told, was because Panel Base's emails don't get through to Hotmail accounts. I was not aware of this- the company have said they emailed me- I do not remember any such emails. As a result, after time passed they cancelled my credits.

I have tried through emails to appeal to their better nature, to explain why I wasn't so active in chasing things (I was unwell, I was in an out of hospital and out patient treatment) but they are unwilling to budge, I don't know what else I can try, I can't say I have a lot of energy to cope with taking on a large company hell bent on not helping me. I understand it isn't their fault I got ill and needed a lot of treatment, but I also feel it's unfair to have taken all the credit I had without a warning (they did say no email was sent before my credits were voided).

I wanted to post this here to let others know- maybe you will get to your accounts in enough time- I wasn't able to. Had I been a bit more alert to things like this I could have easily set up a second email account, but I did not get any such email explaining I would need to do this. As a result my account though still active, has no credits.

Please; if you have had any past experience with Panel Base, they have not got your back, if your emails have stopped, check your account! I didn't and have lost out what to me is a really large amount and took a lot of time and effort to get to.

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I would have thought the Surveys board might be a better place for it as that'll be where the people who do surveys would be looking. You should ask for a board guide to move it.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jenniewb wrote: »
    If this is in the wrong place, please move it! I wanted to post this as important to act on fast in case anyone else loses out as I have.

I was a member of Panel Base surveys for a number of years. Had rated them as one of the better survey sites to sign up to and had always paid for their surveys in full. I had until now always held back on cashing out my credit because I wanted to save up to a larger amount.

To save a long story, I went to check my account having realised I had no surveys from them for a long time. I was really sad to see my account- though still standing, had all it's credits cancelled. I had over £70 in credits which if anyone has even looked at survey sites will know; that amount took years to get to.

The reason- I have been told, was because Panel Base's emails don't get through to Hotmail accounts. I was not aware of this- the company have said they emailed me- I do not remember any such emails. As a result, after time passed they cancelled my credits.

I have tried through emails to appeal to their better nature, to explain why I wasn't so active in chasing things (I was unwell, I was in an out of hospital and out patient treatment) but they are unwilling to budge, I don't know what else I can try, I can't say I have a lot of energy to cope with taking on a large company hell bent on not helping me. I understand it isn't their fault I got ill and needed a lot of treatment, but I also feel it's unfair to have taken all the credit I had without a warning (they did say no email was sent before my credits were voided).

I wanted to post this here to let others know- maybe you will get to your accounts in enough time- I wasn't able to. Had I been a bit more alert to things like this I could have easily set up a second email account, but I did not get any such email explaining I would need to do this. As a result my account though still active, has no credits.

Please; if you have had any past experience with Panel Base, they have not got your back, if your emails have stopped, check your account! I didn't and have lost out what to me is a really large amount and took a lot of time and effort to get to.

It must be your account.

I have a hotmail account and have had loads of emails from them this year and 4 payments also from them.

I also got 3 emails from them for surveys today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure