When will my PiP payments be backdated from?

Hi, so I was receiving DLA back in 2015, but when capita took over they unjustifiably closed my claim. 4 years later I’ve applied for PiP with the help of a benefit advisor who told me I should be able to get my payments backdated to the time my original claim of DLA was cancelled. Has anybody heard of this happening in the past? Is it actually possible?
Thanks, Brad.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Gwop wrote: »
    Hi, so I was receiving DLA back in 2015, but when capita took over they unjustifiably closed my claim. 4 years later I’ve applied for PiP with the help of a benefit advisor who told me I should be able to get my payments backdated to the time my original claim of DLA was cancelled. Has anybody heard of this happening in the past? Is it actually possible?
    Thanks, Brad.

Not possible, you have a terrible advisor.

You should have appealed the decision at the time, if you didn't that window is closed. Any PIP payments will be from the date you make the phone call to apply.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,841
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope that adviser did a better job of filling out the PIP form than they did about advising you for the backdated money for DLA.

Did you send evidence for your PIP claim with the form?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure